ATTENTION: 87 - 89 Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTENTION: 87 - 89 Owners

TODAY I am making the first half of the rear wing gasket mold.

Please confirm the correct placement of the wing on the hatch.

It appears from the photo below, that the rear bottom edge of
    the wing, where it meets the upper trailing edge (lip) on the
    hatch, rest directly on that lip, as indicated by the arrows.

True?

Also, does anyone have the email address of the car's owner?

whoa, that car has a NE plate. Sorry, my ss has no wing (sold) and my 87 has some kinda of 84-85T wing on it, so i can't answer you question. I couldn't help but comment on the NE plates though.
    My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
    My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
    207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Yes you are correct. There is a bead around the perimeter of the whole spoiler, so the spoiler sits "inside" this bead. Here are some lame dark pictures of my dirty spoiler.

I also will need one of your spoiler gaskets, the front left of mine has shrunk. Thanks for making these. If you need more detailed photos let me know.

Paul

Comment

omg, i looked at mine and it is shrunk too! i too will need this.
        Gone - 1988 Shiro
        2004 BMW 330Ci
        2005 BMW 330i
        1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
        http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Comment

i ditched the stock spoiler and i am in the process of building my own. i have an 85 and the spoiler was starting to warp. so something new is on the way!

Comment

Darthpaul wrote: Yes you are correct. ....... snip
            Paul
            Thanks that is how I have the mold set up.

I am still working on the lower half of the mold. I should have the upper
            half done in a couple weeks.

Comment

Threadjack, does anyone have an 87-89 spoiler they want to get rid of. mine is all warped up
              Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
              Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Comment

Matt89 wrote: Threadjack, does anyone have an 87-89 spoiler they want to get rid of. mine is all warped up
                Post in classifieds. They usually go for about $100, sometimes more on ebay.

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
                  Originally posted by Matt89
                  Threadjack, does anyone have an 87-89 spoiler they want to get rid of. mine is all warped up
                  Man, I sell them for much less than that, usually $50 or less.
                  Chuck Stong
                  300+ Parts and Performance owner
                  http://www.300-plus.com
                  2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

up here in canarctica I notice that the rubber and plastic pieces hardly ever go bad, we must not have the devestating dry-rot sun, it's almost like you need a half-can/half-us car

btw the 86na I ripped the o2 out of had 311k km, the fenders and rockers were eaten but otherwise not bad, had recent engine work (a/c, o2, hoses, brake mc were all new)

Comment

G-E wrote: up here in canarctica I notice that the rubber and plastic pieces hardly ever go bad, we must not have the devestating dry-rot sun, it's almost like you need a half-can/half-us car

btw the 86na I ripped the o2 out of had 311k km, the fenders and rockers were eaten but otherwise not bad, had recent engine work (a/c, o2, hoses, brake mc were all new
                      )
                      Got that from the southern part of canarctica didja? Here in Houston we don't have the devestating dry-rot sun either but we do have the devastating melt-it sun.
                      I'm sure I'll need one in the future so thanks for making another great probably better than OEM part. Ever considered making those rubber triangles for the side mirrors? The used ones I see on ebay sell like hotcakes.

Comment

G-E wrote: snip ... Here in Houston we don't have the devastating dry-rot sun either but we do have the devastating melt-it sun.
                        I'm sure I'll need one in the future so thanks for making another great probably better than OEM part. Ever considered
                        making those rubber triangles for the side mirrors?
                        The used ones I see on Ebay sell like hotcakes.
                        Most of those vinyl gaskets will shrink in hot sun over time.

As far as mine being better than OEM ... well, time will tell.

And I will be making the side mirror triangles molds from my set, but that
                        will be one of the last projects. As long as used sets are sold on Ebay
                        for $25.00, there isn't a reason for me to offer them but I will have the molds
                        if someone wants new ones.

Comment

[quote]Firehawk wrote: [quote=Jason84NA2T]
                          Originally posted by Matt89
                          Man, I sell them for much less than that, usually $50 or less.
                          This is the 87-89T OEM spoiler only, which is higher demand than the 84-85T and 86. I sold one on ebay for $125 and the other (one broken stud) for around $90. Then shipping on those things is like $30. If they have a nice finish on them and no big scratches, you're letting them go too cheap.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I sold my 86 spoiler (not on Ebay) for $65.00 shipped.
                            Included was the third (stop) light, gasket, wiper arm and all nuts.
                            It was in good condition but did have some paint chips.

Comment

Is this spoiler gasket being made for the 87-89 spoilers? I need one, and will be buying one from you if thats the case. thanks keep us updated

Comment

Working...
                              X