Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement Front Spoilers for Turbo Z31?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Front Spoilers for Turbo Z31?

Does anybody know of anyone making A/M front Spoilers for 84-85AE's and 86 Z31 Turbos? Maybe even Carbon Fiber ones that replicate the original factory Spoiler?

You mean 84AE and 86T. Not that I know of, I think they are still available from the dealer for insane prices.

I have a very nice used one with a coat of primer on it, $40 +SH takes it. Just the spoiler.
    Attached Files

Comment

How about that bulb seal that goes in between the body and the spoiler?,mine fell off!

Comment

I would have to see if it's with it, I think it is. If you're interested PM me...

Comment

I have plans to make the 84 AE and the 86 spoiler edge.
          One of our members was kind enough to loan me one of each, however
          as they are flexible urethane they are not very true to make a mold from.
          These mold will be much more difficult to make due to the OEM lip design.
          They will have to a two part mold with the inner part made from rubber.
          Price will be less than OEM stock but made from fiberglass with carbon fiber
          as a possibility ... once I get the CF process down.

Comment

1artworkz wrote: I have plans to make the 84 AE and the 86 spoiler edge.
            Jump on that CF process shiznizzle so we can all have carbon fiber fenders! All that would leave to be made out of carbon fiber at that point would be the front bumper and the door skins and the rear bumper. OHHHHH maybe you could make some CF T-top inserts just for race days. I think NHRA requires you to have somthing there. Not sure if it has to be OEM or not.
            85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
            04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

cf t-top insert would be awesome! as i hate my t-tops cosindering i never ever use them.

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
                Originally posted by 1artworkz
                I have plans to make the 84 AE and the 86 spoiler edge.
                Jump on that CF process shiznizzle so we can all have carbon fiber fenders! All that would leave to be made out of carbon fiber at that point would be the front bumper and the door skins and the rear bumper. OHHHHH maybe you could make some CF T-top inserts just for race days. I think NHRA requires you to have somthing there. Not sure if it has to be OEM or not.
                Damnit, you let the cat out of the bag...I guess it was bound to happen. I've been planning for years now to make and sell fiberglass( and maybe one day CF) t-tops after I graduated university (1 yr from now). Oh well, I know I wasn't the first to think this up. Whomever makes it first, goodluck. it will be sick. :twisted:
                http://www.vgpowered.com
                Bridging the gap between VG communities...

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

Comment

Working...
                X