I cant stands the silence no mo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant stands the silence no mo

After frying my stock stereo (got the short traced down to the power supply/regulator board but can't repair any further)
    i have reluctantly decided to go aftermarket.
    I'm looking at a JVC KDAR470

Is there another place besides overstock.com or crutchfield, that y'all would recommend.

I remember Krovi.. uh, er BlowZup was fond of some place that had decent prices, but i can't remember who it was.
    Edit: later that night
    It was ikesound.com

After paying for my wifes school, Ill probably have to wait another year for a 3in CM exhaust, otherwise a stereo wouldn't be needed. :wink:

Thanks[/i]

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

I've never been a big fan of JVC but I wont bash them.

I will say that thing looks pimp. Stuffed in a newer benz or bmw it would look oem. The 1/8" aux jack is nice too.
    http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

yea it's sexy, I can't stand all the new ones with blue leds and flashing lights ugh

my jvc in the work car is 4x40w and has a pale green display and unilluminated buttons.... if it was a shade more green it would be a perfect match to the dash

but the best thing is it isn't too bright even in pitch black driving, bright red and blue lights sear your brain

Comment

hmmm i couldnt find much specs from overstock.com on that one and cruitchfield doesnt have it ...

can i recomend this one ??

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-aOVqP4NsIh ... 500CDE9845

i have a friend who has it , and its very user friendly and very versatile , i dont know about the jvc's units that much , except that they have been coming out with these flashy touchscreen things that look cool....

if you where more into the more complex tuning custom eq band then a sony would be great with the 7 band equalizer... im sure you could find one for the same price... and then you could tune your system by ear until you are satisfied.

Comment

yeah, i really like the minimalist look, no red/green swoopy shiat.
          I've always had good experiences with JVC. I really wish they still
          used the integrated BBE sonic maximizer circuit, but it seems only alpine uses it anymore.
          http://www.bbesound.com/technologies/BBE%5FHDS/
          BBE signal processing kicks arse over any equalizer i've ever heard.
          I have an out of production external 12v unit i'll be using.

I'm not a big fan of Alpines styling, just personal preference.
          My wife had one in here jeep and it sounded very nice, i just thought it was ugly :wink:

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

I really like the elegant simplicity of that units faceplate. I have had a few Pioneer units and absolutely loved every single one, so I always have to recommend them. I cannot stand the Alpine button layout at all. They are the complete other end of the spectrum visually from the JVC he wants.

Comment

yeah i guess ... i justknow that for that price range that alpine unit is very nice, i can care less about the styling , because im going to be hearing it more than i am going to be looking at it . i have a sony head unit right now that looks cheapish but sounds very good once its tuned right...

another plus for that jvc unit is that since its black and not shiny and flashy you probably have less of a chance of getting your car broken into for the radio....

Comment

That is a nice face plate/stereo.

I don't know if it matters, but i am running a blaupunkt bermuda. 200 bucks got me mp3/cd/aux bla bla and a nice warranty locally.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

I'll have to put my vote in for Pioneer. Four-five years of beating on the same one (it's been in three cars), and it's never given me so much as a hiccup. Same for the IPbus 12disc I've had stuffed into the storage compartment.

It'll read scratched all to hell discs that other players are tripping over. It was their first MP3 capable unit, if that gives you an idea how old it is.

I've got nothing against JVC, just good experience with Pioneer, and nothing else.
                  vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
                  2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

I love that 1/8" headphone port. I could hook up my IPod with that in a snap! But I already have a nice Pioneer :?
                    Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
                    1986 300zx Turbo
                    2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
                    1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

Neil86t wrote: I love that 1/8" headphone port. I could hook up my IPod with that in a snap! But I already have a nice Pioneer :?
                      Then you can buy the $30 input adapter to run it through the IPbus connector on your head unit; crystal clarity. No biggie, just harder to install.

Comment

Yeah Jason I will probably do that. I just wish i knew about that CD player before hand.
                        Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
                        1986 300zx Turbo
                        2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
                        1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

http://www.clarion.com/ca/en/product...706936532.html

heres the head unit i have installed in my z currently, except the one i have installed is black where the silver ends are, and it plays mp3's
                          it was around 100 bucks Canadian at a future shop, and this wa sa few months ago, thing works great, and is quite simple, with no excessive blinking lights or chrome...

Comment

Z_Karma wrote: I really wish they still
                            used the integrated BBE sonic maximizer circuit, but it seems only alpine uses it anymore.
                            http://www.bbesound.com/technologies/BBE%5FHDS/
                            BBE signal processing kicks arse over any equalizer i've ever heard.
                            I have an out of production external 12v unit i'll be using.
                            I absolutely agree on the BBE. Ive owned way more decks and amplifiers than I am willing to admit to and the BBE unit I bought years ago when I lived in Hawaii was worth 2x what I paid for it in my opinion. I also had an old JVC unit with the BBE maximizer way back but it got stolen and that's what lead me the the separate. Damn I wish I hadn't left it in my truck when I sold it.

I'm with you on the minimalist stereo BS. Id love to get a 6+ series Pioneer but I absolutely hate the over-sized displays and BS....since when was graphical BS more important than quality sound???? :?
                            Just stand back and throw money.
                            Performance costs money.
                            Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

lol graphical stuff became important whent he ricers came to town, and then anythign performance oriented when out the window for all show and no go,,,, and even the show sucks......

Comment

Working...
                              X