No announcement yet.

rear spoiler project taking shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butter wrote: I would be willing to donate mine to MFP for replication if I could get a fiberglass example in return.
    I Would buy one for sure if Gary made a fiberglass replica.
    2005 whore magnet

Comment

SteveZ31 wrote: I Would buy one for sure if Gary made a fiberglass replica.
      Strong 2nd on that.
      Just stand back and throw money.
      Performance costs money.
      Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

hell , yeh

id buy one. i love the look. it really cleans up the look of the car. although if someone hits you, your car is gone. but i perf looks anyway :lol:

butter, your car keeps me working on mine. it looks good. one of the best looking Z's out there.

Comment

[quote]OR-Zman wrote:
          Originally posted by SteveZ31
          Strong 2nd on that.
          fourth
          1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

[quote]OR-Zman wrote:
            Originally posted by SteveZ31
            Strong 2nd on that.
            I would have some serious liability concerns with selling a product that involves removing the rear bumper (OEM safety equipment) to install aftermarket cosmetic parts, however nice looking they may be. There's no way you can avoid it in the USA, and I personally dont think liability insurance is "affordable".

Comment

Right.

Anyways, a bumper COVER is not intended to prevent injury or damage in an accident. If this was a bumper SUPPORT then I would be concerned about liability. Gary isn't the one installing it on the cars, so he isn't responsible for modifying/removing factory components.

You take on liability manufacturing ANYTHING in this country however.
              sigpic

Comment

okay i made some more progress this week. now its taking shape. i'll just need to finish a little glassing a some very light body filler. then it'll be done.

Comment

I think it looks sweet.........

how do you measure body compression at speed again ? I cant remember what the level meters are called (and its not "level meter")

You made it permanent if I remember, correct?
                  Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

Comment

yeah its permanent. i think i could make a mold if i knew how to and then make them. if peoples were interested. i spent a lot of time just getting everything perfect. it was a pretty fun project. now all i have to do is all the finishing work.

next up,

making my 86 side skirts fit my 85 body. that will take a while. i still have to fix the drivers side rocker panel. as soon as i get a welder.

and after that, i'll take off the front bumper and make a chin spoiler. somewhat like the factory one. but a bit more agressive.

hopefully in a year i'll have it ready to be painted.

Comment

not to hijack like the others but yeah, i'd be down for a rear bumper cover
                      Daily:
                      09 2.5SL Altima Grey
                      08 4.0SE Pathfinder 4x4 Grey
                      11 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
                      Z31s:
                      88t Grey
                      86t Pewter

Comment

Working...
                      X