rear spoiler project taking shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear spoiler project taking shape

well, i don't really like to post stuff before its finished, but this is the starting of my rear spoiler. my first time building something from scratch out of fiberglass. its pretty fun actually. i'll be permanently attaching this to the car using pop rivits.

so heres a few pictures.

just taking shape here before fiberglass and resin are applied.

i'm going to add another layer of glass and then i'll use kitty hair over that and get the final shape. hopefully later this week.

That is cool. I plan on making my own lip spoiler, and other little things. I have been enlightened on the whole fiberglass/carbon fiber process.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

alright. i had some time this week to install and work on my spoiler a little.

its starting to take shape. a little more fiberglass work, trimming and a light coat of bondo, she'll be finished.

its still a little to high for my liking. so i'll be doing a little trimming. i did test it out today to see if there was a performance advantage to it. i got up to 100 mph and it was a lot more solid feeling them without one, and compared to the stocker.

Comment

Looks Nascarish. :lol:

The finished product would look even better if you did something on the corners (eg 3 piece)

Comment

To the batmobile, lets go...
          Attached Files
          http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

been considering the 3 piece. i will probably do that. i'm not a nascar fan so it'll be shaped a little differnetly.

Comment

its probably more of an air brake than anything else . still nice , i wonder if it will flex the faster you go . i would shorten it/trim it about an inch or so ...

Comment

i can't get it to flex. i've pushed pretty hard on it.

it will probably loose an inch. right now its 4" in the middle and 4.5"s on the outside edges.

Comment

I think it looks pretty sweet, it reminds me of the spoiler I saw on a 280z...
                  89' 300zx turbo AKA Smokin' Woody:

MGP Plenum, E-Fan, EBC (9.5 PSI), CM Downpipe, MSA turbo back exhaust, Poly Bushing Kit, TSS springs, Illuminas all around, 9" K&N Filter, Mustang Cobra rims with Falken 615's, Devil's Own Water/Methanol Injection kit, TurboXS-H BOV, Hurst Pistol Grip shifter.

Awaiting install; A/F ratio gauge, Lo-Tek 3 gauge Pod, Walbro 255lph, T3

Comment

thanks. i need to take more pictures. i've worked on it a little more. i'd have it finished, but i'm looking for better employment, and its been to cold out to bother.

Comment

Looks familiar.
                      sigpic

Comment

Your car looks super clean. :shock:
                        Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                        tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                        545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

Looks a bit tall, and I would even out the height.
                          Chuck Stong
                          300+ Parts and Performance owner
                          http://www.300-plus.com
                          2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

will be evened out. the curve of the trunk makes it look funny. and it resembles butters a little. :lol:

butter, are you going to make rear bumpers and sell them? i could use one like yours.

Comment

I would be willing to donate mine to MFP for replication if I could get a fiberglass example in return.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X