Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perfect wheel offset and size? Opinions desired...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post some vids people.....
    Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone tried 18x9.5 +20 up front on the 87+ suspension? Was considering going that all the way around instead of 18x8.5s up front.

According the the offset calculator, the difference between those of you running 9s +24 up front compared to 9.5s +20 is 19mm vs 22mm inside less clearance.

Comment

...and I will answer your original question with this pic..

If I told you the specs/price, your world would be torn asunder.
        sigpic

Comment

^^^ Damn, got dish :shock:

Comment

Easy way to size wheels for stretched tires:

-Measure from the edge of your current wheel to .75" out past the fender (looking from above the fender straight down.)

-Aquire size and offset of your current wheel

-USE WHEEL CALCULATOR and punch in different wheel sizes (wider the better) and offsets untill you acheive the dimension you measured for in the first step. Make a note of the range of sizes and offsets that will get you within +/- 10mm of your target.

-Flare/roll your fenders to fine tune out the battleship and acheive tire clearance.

FLARING FENDERS IS NOT HARD. Use flaring tool to roll and in some extreme cases cut off material from the fenders. I would not recommend for zenki owners to put extreme flares due to the "bulge" we have around the tires, kouki will look natural.

10mm flare is easily acheiveable and barely noticible in appearance. If you're good with metalwork you can get 15mm+ clearance out of your fenders.

The S30G blister flares on my car added an additional 1.5" in front and 2.25" in back.
            sigpic

Comment

i'd have to say Butter is the inspiration for my car to look good.

i really like to look at what people on Ziptied are doing to thier cars as well. although there isn't any drifting up here i love the style of the cars.

Comment

15x7 or 8 with a 0 offset is good if ur on a tight budget :wink:

Comment

i'm going with 16x8 with 0 offset. should look very nice.

Comment

Butter: i test fit 17x9 +20 up front. cleared strut tube and inner frame by a cunt hair. but tire rubbed tention rod.

that and it isn't guite flush but almost. however, with a 5-6mm spacer all was good, but then i have no lugnut threads.

you know of any nice wheels 17x9 +15? or even +10?

Comment

NismoZ31 wrote: Butter: i test fit 17x9 +20 up front. cleared strut tube and inner frame by a cunt hair. but tire rubbed tention rod.

that and it isn't guite flush but almost. however, with a 5-6mm spacer all was good, but then i have no lugnut threads.

you know of any nice wheels 17x9 +15? or even +10?

On Takumi Project...
                      Product ID: c0605030 Availability: Available
                      Brand: SSR Model: REVERSE MESH
                      Price: $1400
                      Bolt Pattern: 4x114.3 Size: 17"
                      Width: (F) 8.5J (R) 9J Offset: (F) 19mm (R) 13mm
                      Typical Applications: 240SX etc
                      You will have to give up 1/4" from the fender in front though.
                      sigpic

Comment

heh, i checked that site and left when i saw the prices.
                        if i wanted to give up .5in id get these for like $100 each

17x8.5+20

just wanted to know if you knew of any +15 wheels

thanks

edit: gold or gunmetal?

Comment

^ whats the website ?

Comment

Butter is talking about takumiproject.com
                            these are from rotawheels.com

most are saying that people will assume i am a brother if i do gold on maroon. i like gunmetal but so does everyone else nowdays.

Comment

where are the jackstands holding that car up at? i dont see them.

Comment

Why push it to the ABSOLUTE limit? I understand more contact patch is good but just set the suspension up properly for the handling and make sure the outside appears the way you like it. Don't joepardize your suspension components or your fenders or most importantly your tires just to make it look like there is 9 feet of rubber on the road under your car. I like the wide tire look personally but you can make up for any lack of handling characteristics you have to suffer with because your tires have to be 10mm narrower to make sure they don't get sliced by the outer fender edge or rub when your steering is at full lock. On the other hand, kudos for pushing the limits of what works.

Comment

Working...
                                X