Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perfect wheel offset and size? Opinions desired...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect wheel offset and size? Opinions desired...

Would anyone care to state what they think is the perfect aftermarket rim size and offset to flush the rims with the body?

I had some +46 offset rims 16x8 that although they created the battleship stance, my camber problem dissappeared while I tried them out since they tucked in pretty far. It would be cool to have 17x10's on back and have them flush with the body, and 17x8's up front.

Thanks

15 X 7 with 0mm backset results in flush with my fenders front and rear. That is on an 84.
    You should be able to calcualte how much offset you need as you get wider tires.
    I'm thinking that with 10" rims you should need about +38mm to be flush?
    ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

Not 100% sure but I think a 20 or 25mm offset puts it pretty close to flush with the fenders. Then again it most likely varies for body style and for front and back. I dont know too much about this subject so I dont even know why i'm posting.. Oh thats right CAUSE ITS 0* OUTSIDE! :evil:
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

on a 87-89 turbo: 18x9 +19 front, 18x10 +32 rear

That would sit damn flush, not 100% sure the rears would fit on the stock lugs though.
        2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

after HOURS of research I have found that one could use 17x9 with a +15 in the front and 17x10 with a +25 in the rear for clearance and flush fender mounting purposes...this is what I will be running very soon...255/40/17 front, 285/40/17 rear...I know it is possible to run a 265 width up front but if my calculations are correct you'd need somewhere between a +17 and +20 on a 17x9 wheel. I have probably spent somewhere near 15 hours pouring over pages and pages and PAGES of 17" wheels and tires...as well as reviewing wheelshow and making lots of theoretical section width calculations to come to my desired selection.

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
          1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
          1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
          2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
          2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Comment

Taris Blue wrote: I know it is possible to run a 265 width up front but if my calculations are correct you'd need somewhere between a +17 and +20 on a 17x9 wheel.
            That'll be wicked close...too close to chance imo. I tried 275's on 18x9 +24 and they rubbed on the strut tube badly. I switched to 245's and they are extrememly close, but they don't touch. A 17" wheel may make the difference in your calcs on the positive side but I would stick with 245's on the front in any application even with a +17 offset.
            2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

I can't believe .. no one's posted this here ..

http://wheelshow.redz31.com/
              '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
              PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Comment

like signal mentioned, im also running +24mm 18x9 with 245 meats and they come milimeters from the strut housing

to run 265's you would need a crazy low offset (about +0 to +10) that would proably stick the tires out of the wheel well and look pretty ghetto

how do you justify so much tread up front?

Comment

inqui-Z-tor wrote: I can't believe .. no one's posted this here ..

Taris Blue wrote: spent somewhere near 15 hours pouring over pages and pages and PAGES of 17" wheels and tires...as well as reviewing wheelshow
                  and making lots of theoretical section width calculations to come to my desired selection.
                  Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
                  1986 300zx Turbo
                  2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
                  1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

[quote]Neil86t wrote:
                    Originally posted by inqui-Z-tor
                    I can't believe .. no one's posted this here ..

Taris Blue:03644 wrote: spent somewhere near 15 hours pouring over pages and pages and PAGES of 17" wheels and tires...as well as reviewing wheelshow
                    Originally posted by inqui-Z-tor
                    and making lots of theoretical section width calculations to come to my desired selection.
                    [/quote:03644]

Oh.. I read that too .. but no one posted the link! And it's hosted right here!
                    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
                    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Comment

18x9 +24 w/ 265/35s fit perfect on the front of my 87.
                      imagination is a virtue

Comment

I could tell you, but then a little peice of dust landing on top of your fender might cause it to bend in .00045mm and cause tire rubbing issues with the sizes I would recommend.
                        sigpic

Comment

lol. never seen a Z31 with good wheel fitment besides yours^^

that may change soon enough.

I wrap my paper weights in glitter.

Comment

I run 255s up front on my 17" track wheels. Can't remember the offset right now but I use a 1" adapter with the wheels. They are from a Z32TT. I may look for direct fit wheels down the road that are 17x9s & 17x10.5s as I would like to get more rubber under the car for the track.
                            378whp 445wtq
                            http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

Comment

Butter wrote: I could tell you, but then a little peice of dust landing on top of your fender might cause it to bend in .00045mm and cause tire rubbing issues with the sizes I would recommend.
                              lol, i like Butters style.
                              I'd like to know. also, how about 84 fenders with 87-89 'widetrack' susp. taking into account additional steering angle?

i tested 17x9 +20 out back on stock susp. and if fit pretty tight on the cntr arm and pretty flush with fender. but haven't figured out the front yet.

ps. your not alone

Comment

Working...
                              X