No announcement yet.

Gary Molitor new nose piece question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ven wrote: Probably means the front part of the mold (where the front of the hood goes) can be adjusted to fit the 84-86 headlights or the 87+ headlights.
    Yeah, something like that .... if I ever find time to finish it. The TBO lips
    are keeping me so busy I don't have time for anything else. Oh ... that
    and help my wife look for a new car. Ha.

Comment

1artworkz wrote: The TBO lips
      are keeping me so busy I don't have time for anything else.
      Hey now I think you should limit the number of TBO lips you make & sell. I like being somewhat unique with mine on my Z. I don't want to see those everywhere. lol Either that or you need to finish those hoods so I can be more unique again. You make good stuff!!
      Attached Files
      378whp 445wtq
      http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

Comment

1artworkz wrote: Base price for fiberglass hood as seen in clay model is between $375 & $400.
        Put me on your list for stock hump high with Proudear style vent.
        Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

[quote]simply86T wrote:
          Originally posted by 1artworkz
          Base price for fiberglass
          hood as seen in clay model is between $375 & $400.

Put me on your list for stock hump high with Proudear style vent.
          I'll be down for one of them as well. 8)

Comment

what is the update on the hood, glass, and headlight nacelle?

Any idea what the price for the whole kit will be?

Any idea when i can send you my money?
            Funny stories!

Comment

Ok. Update.

I am finishing up the prototype molds for the the front suspension.

I sill have some minor corrections to make to the lower 1/2 of the 87-89
              rear wing gasket

I ordered a set of Passat head lights that the head light nacelle will be based on ... I think.
              I have found a company that will do small batch chrome electro deposition for the reflective
              surfaces.

The hood is the next project. That will take me most of the summer to finish along with
              the new nose.

Please remember. I am doing this for my car and all the parts are based on my complete
              conceptualization of the finished project.

Comment

1artworkz wrote:
                Please remember. I am doing this for my car and all the parts are based on my complete
                And MY car too, right??? lol I love what you make.
                378whp 445wtq
                http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

Comment

[quote]mark86t wrote:
                  And MY car too, right??? lol I love what you make.
                  I think you've praised him enough!

Does look "unique" though, I love it.

Would be incredibly expensive to send one over here.

1985' 2+2 Z31 Non Turbo...
                  1986' 2+2 Z31 Turbo...

Comment

Quick question, can't remember, are all the hoods you are making going to be the modified for you lights, or are you going to make a variable mold for it?

"Beer is proof that god wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The idea is to make a multi piece mold that will allow for variations in the finished hood.

Comment

What ever happened to this hood? I have money burning a hole in my pocket, and this hood/lights combo is on my list...
                        Funny stories!

Comment

It is just about exactly where is was a year ago. I have been swamped
                          with spoiler and Z31Parts.com orders. I have not abandoned the project, just
                          set it aside while I work on some other things. I have been working on get
                          the parts and finishing up the details on the rear camber modification.

Also, I am working on the molds for two new products I'll have by the first of next year.

This week has been a mad rush to paint the under side of the Z31 before the rains come:
                          projected for this weekend.

Once, I have the rear suspension completed, the hood is the next be project to complete.
                          I very excited about the design and the fact that it can be made to fit all the years from
                          84 through 89.

Comment

1artworkz wrote:

Also, I am working on the molds for two new products I'll have by the first of next year.
                            WHY! Why must you do that to us? How come you had to say something? you couldnt have just surprised us with the finished product? Dammit.

So what are they? Huh, huh, HUH!??!?!

Comment

I am still waiting for the other stuff to get in stock. Diff mount *cough* strut spacers *cough*

Much respect, I should send you a fruit basket for all you hard work.

Comment

Working...
                              X