Gary Molitor new nose piece question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Molitor new nose piece question

Gary have you ever thought about making a one piece nose that incorporated a lowered headlight bucket that allowed the lowered headlight to stay down and when they were turned on, would allow the headlight to hit the road at full force, instead of being half blocked by the old nose???

i don't think that would look good at all.

just my opinion. get some brighter headlights.

Comment

Remove the stock headlights, get HID proejctors, and mount them facing however you want, they will clear the stock nose when the headlights are down. Projectors are 400, but it's not like the new nose is going to be cheap.

Lance
      Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
      I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
      Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

Yes, I will be making them for my project car.

Comment

1artworkz wrote: Yes, I will be making them for my project car.

that design will require a different hood if i'm not mistaken, rather than lowered headlights. If you end up making the revised hood, please make a kit avaliable because I'd be willing to shell out A LOT of money to make my Z look like that.
          Funny stories!

Comment

The molds for both the hood and the "New Nose" will be multi part
            molds, allowing for a number of variations.

FG 87 Style (hump) hood to fit all 84 - 89 models1. stock (no mods)
            2. stock hump hight with Proudear style vent over front between head lights
            3. same as above but higher hump for those with custom plenums
            4. same as #3 but with a defined and recessed edge along hump (Callaway Corvette) for CF look insert
            Possible FRP exit vent at rear of hump and dual "Butter" style hood vents.

FG "New Nose" (I got to find a better name for this)
            1. for either 84 - 86 or 87 - 89 lights.
            2. without turn signal openings
            3. with round driving light/brake duct openings either side radiator opening.
            Possible CF leading lip edge and flowing into radiator opening.

Comment

[quote]homestar wrote:
              Originally posted by 1artworkz
              Yes, I will be making them for my project car.

that design will require a different hood if i'm not mistaken, rather than lowered headlights. If you end up making the revised hood, please make a kit avaliable because I'd be willing to shell out A LOT of money to make my Z look like that.
              MKIV supra-esk
              85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
              04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

I like the look of that, nice design.

Comment

post deleted

Not performance based
                  '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
                  PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Comment

gary - name it bushido

Comment

Ah! Bushido, the Way of the Warrior or the Chivalrous Knight.

Yes, something that is missing in our modern society; a pledge to a code of social behavior.

I'll get to work on it right away.

Comment

It reminds me of the replacement headlights you can get for series V rx7s.
                        I wonder what it would actaully look like though, you wouldnt really know till you do it i guess.

Comment

Gary let me know when you have some of that cool stuff available. I love the stuff you make.
                          378whp 445wtq
                          http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

Comment

1artworkz wrote: The molds for both the hood and the "New Nose" will be multi part
                            molds, allowing for a number of variations.

FG 87 Style (hump) hood to fit all 84 - 89 models1. stock (no mods)
                            2. stock hump hight with Proudear style vent over front between head lights
                            3. same as above but higher hump for those with custom plenums
                            4. same as #3 but with a defined and recessed edge along hump (Callaway Corvette) for CF look insert
                            Possible FRP exit vent at rear of hump and dual "Butter" style hood vents.

I like.

How will you get 1 hood to fit all year z31s?

Comment

Ven wrote: How will you get 1 hood to fit all year z31s?
                              Same as the "Nariz Novo", multi part ajustible mold.

Comment

Working...
                              X