Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior lights come on while driving.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior lights come on while driving.....

Its my experence that one of your doors is tripping the switch, check your door switch/door adjustment.

^agreed, most likely a misaligned door that isn't keeping the switch depressed or a switch that needs some attention.
    Attached Files
    Just stand back and throw money.
    Performance costs money.
    Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Mine does the same also, I tried to play around with the little felt pad that is supposed to press down the switch but It's just not up to the challenge & the switch is quite stiff to push down.

But, I'll get round to fixing it eventually. :P

1985' 2+2 Z31 Non Turbo...
      1986' 2+2 Z31 Turbo...

Comment

Had exactly the same thing happen on my 86.

Replace both the door striker latches with new ones and it's as good as gold now. I'm willing to bet money you have the same problem, they're 20 years old and worn out to buggery.

Comment

zed-031 wrote: Had exactly the same thing happen on my 86.

Replace both the door striker latches with new ones and it's as good as gold now. I'm willing to bet money you have the same problem, they're 20 years old and worn out to buggery.
          21 years old & they just dont seem to be up to the challenge anymore, now I just gotta find some new ones. ops:

1985' 2+2 Z31 Non Turbo...
          1986' 2+2 Z31 Turbo...

Comment

oh yeh but mine only lights up on the passenger side and the light is very faint. dont know if its the same thing

Comment

yea I have a light under the passenger side of my dash that stays on all the time now. Dont know what is causing that.

Comment

The passenger light is a different subject .. my memory is hazy .. the passenger light is supposed (?) to be some indicator that a service is required (something like 30,000 mile service?? or goes along with the service??) .. the fix for the light (as I recall .. remove or break the bulb) ..

LOL .. thats what I recall .. it's been many many years since that "light" went on in my car ..

Perhaps one of the z31 "electronics experts" will respond ..
                '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
                PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Comment

Working...
                X