Rota D2 wheel group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rota D2 wheel group buy

What finally happened with the Rota wheel group buy? What sizes did they already have in stoc that fit a 1988 z ?
    Shiro #443

When people found out the largest offered currently is 18x9, it kinda fizzled out.

Any reason you made this post here instead the current existing Rota D2 thread in the other section?

Comment

the other thread is about 20 pages long and people probably stopped looking at it. 18 x 8 front and 18 x 9 rear isn't bad
      Shiro #443

Comment

If a particular wheel doesn't offer width 10" in the back, then it most better be 9.5 The smallest I'd go is 8.5 front and 9.5 rear. I myself might go with some Ruff racing wheels.

Comment

more people thought the wider the wheel the better. unfortunately people have bigger likes then pockets. and you know how it goes.

I ended up with the Ruff Racing 278HB for now. 18x8.5f and 18x9.5r.
          Gone - 1988 Shiro
          2004 BMW 330Ci
          2005 BMW 330i
          1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
          http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Comment

Please, "pockets" had nothing to do with it. They didn't offer anything over 9" and most thought that was lame seeing as the the thread was "hyped" up/advertised for saying any width and offset which was very much not the case. :roll:
            Attached Files

Comment

Ven wrote: Please, "pockets" had nothing to do with it. They didn't offer anything over 9" and most thought that was lame seeing as the the thread was "hyped" up/advertised for saying any width and offset which was very much not the case. :roll:
              if people speak they listen, not many people spoke and everyone wanted something for themselves not thinking about the rest.

But I still say as with "most" z31 owners, it's all about cost for what you get.

i.e. "damn $950 for them wheels, i can get those on ebay cheaper." or "If i am dishing out $950 they better be 15x10 in a 0 offset which is what i want."

either way maybe some were giving inputs when they damn sure knew they couldn't buy. Or gave suggestiongs when they know they couldn't buy them now. those kinds of GB's need the money out front for "X" amount of months, who is willing to do that? I know I was/am.

But in the mean time I got me some RR 278HB's from Adriano with tires.
              Gone - 1988 Shiro
              2004 BMW 330Ci
              2005 BMW 330i
              1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
              http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Comment

[quote]NIVO wrote:
                Originally posted by Ven
                Please, "pockets" had nothing to do with it. They didn't offer anything over 9" and most thought that was lame seeing as the the thread was "hyped" up/advertised for saying any width and offset which was very much not the case. :roll:
                if people speak they listen, not many people spoke and everyone wanted something for themselves not thinking about the rest.

But I still say as with "most" z31 owners, it's all about cost for what you get.

i.e. "damn $950 for them wheels, i can get those on ebay cheaper." or "If i am dishing out $950 they better be 15x10 in a 0 offset which is what i want."

either way maybe some were giving inputs when they damn sure knew they couldn't buy. Or gave suggestiongs when they know they couldn't buy them now. those kinds of GB's need the money out front for "X" amount of months, who is willing to do that? I know I was/am.

But in the mean time I got me some RR 278HB's from Adriano with tires.
                People spoke, it made no difference. They said they do NOT OFFER anything over 9" and that was the end of the story. They said that if they "talk to their suppliers" then MAYBE
                they'd consider making a 9.5" mold but said nothing would start moving until at least 6 months to 1 year.

Like I said, had the group buy turned out to be how it was ADVERTISED, it would've went through (at least in the Gold group as everyone was ready to throw down). The whole point was if any offset for the width is available, people would want a nice big lip (via low offset) with a wide wheel. Not some size you can find easily anywhere else or battleship wheels huddled nice and neatly under your fenders.

Overall the Rota group buy turned out to be, as Butter said it,

Comment

Working...
                X