No announcement yet.

New-Rear concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G-E wrote: all you haters of my works really need to stop and think about what they are.... just like concept cars at auto shows they show ideas... I'm not suggesting you like them merely that it makes you think, ideas aren't formed in a vacuum, the more ideas you get the more ideas you can make

and I was trying to make a cross between a beetle and audi fox.... the window spoiler was just to show where it would have to go, I considered the trailing edge of the roof but it would be small and discreet, and both would be fugly.. alternately having the spoiler in the normal location would hide the contouring of the new ass, which the side exit helps keep clean
    Well it's gonna seem like I'm playing up? what you're saying .. but I appreciate the talent and the idea. I like some of it .. some of it I don't .. but it does bring out "ideas" ...

I like the tailpipe treatment .. lover valence/bumper is also on "track" .. maybe a bit much for some tastes .. but it can work ..

keep the ideas and imagination flowing ...
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Comment

Looks definately English, or european influence. I like the bumper, it could work. I think the tail lights look whack though. And that wing is plain out of order. Pretty cool idea though.

Comment

2+2turbo wrote: http://www.visracing.com/catalog/produc ... ts_id=3947
        about the only one i was able to find sold by the same company that made it .

about a year ago i had found some on rinkya , but i haven't checked since.
        You know .. I've looked, and re-looked at that photograph .. and I still can't visualize how it looks .. or attaches ..or ??

LOL
        '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
        PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Comment

G-E wrote: um here's a quickie for you.... based loosely on the ideas in this thread so far

To me it looks very porsche...
          not my cup of tea but id does have some nice notes
          DD:
          86 Black Turbo 5spd
          The Fallen:
          84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
          Parting Currently:
          86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
          Garage Sale

Comment

really what I think the Z31 tail is missing is simply in its height, if someone were to do what's already been done with the front lips, and sideskirts in the rear to brink it downward, give it an ass for once.

unless its got back, my anaconda dont want none!
            Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

Comment

Definately looks like a 928 rear end. Really not bad for the clean finish, but i see what you mean about needing a place for the wing.

Comment

whoever did this clearly doesn't respect himself

Funny stories!

Comment

G-E wrote: all you haters of my works really need to stop and think about what they are.... just like concept cars at auto shows they show ideas... I'm not suggesting you like them merely that it makes you think, ideas aren't formed in a vacuum, the more ideas you get the more ideas you can make
                  I ain't no hater, playa...I'm just giving you shazbot.

It like when the fashion designers from Milan roll out
                  the new fashion and its sequined dog-crap tiaras and
                  pantsuits made from recycled pez dispensers. You
                  might eventually see someone at the mall wearing a
                  sequined brown belt with a pez dispenser for a buckle.

Ok, maybe not exactly like that, but i see where you're coming from.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

I still want these tail lights!

Comment

vagabond wrote: I still want these tail lights!
                      Then paint the stock lights a trim color, cut holes and install new ones like he did. LED ones from a semi trailer might look cool.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ideas are good, they build creativity, but basic lines of a good car shouldn't be drastically changed. IMO.

A drastic change to the rear of a Z31 will most likely disassociate it with the Z31 overall. That could be a good thing in some cases but overall I don't seeing it work in this scenario in the smallest degree.

Something like the convertible Z31 which was done on a limited scale will actually have some market value, but drastic body modifications that are "one off" type alterations can devalue a car drastically. We have all seen a "one off" customized car that the owner thought was cool but most people wouldn't give them a plug nickle for.

Granted, my point only applies to popular and therefore resale value, but just how much do you want to deviate from the stock or aftermarket body lines?

Up to the individual.
                        Just stand back and throw money.
                        Performance costs money.
                        Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Strong point there... I guess although the z31 does have its quirks... Overall its still a damn sexy car.

Comment

Working...
                          X