Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there aftermarket clear 87-89 headlight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there aftermarket clear 87-89 headlight?

I'm just curious......

Mostly I'm just wondering if there will be any big difference when installing HID on the stock lense than on clear lense......
    Matte Black 86T - Sold

Stock isn't clear?
    imagination is a virtue

Comment

craZed wrote: Stock isn't clear?
      you know what I mean
      Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

[quote]simply86T wrote:
        Originally posted by craZed
        Stock isn't clear?
        you know what I mean
        He probably really doesn't know what you mean... apparently I don't either. I'm pretty sure Nissan put clear headlights on 87-89's.
        1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

[quote]OK85ZX wrote: [quote=simply86T]
          Stock isn't clear?
          you know what I mean
          He probably really doesn't know what you mean... apparently I don't either. I'm pretty sure Nissan put clear headlights on 87-89's.
          whatever you call this:

vs.

this stock "clear" lense:

will there be any big difference when installing HID on the stock lense than on those lense?

I got a pair of free 87-89 headlights assembly with cracked lenses, just don't want to let Nissan make $2 million profits a lense out of me again, so I'm looking for aftermarket options
          Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

[quote]simply86T wrote: [quote=OK85ZX][quote=simply86T]
            Stock isn't clear?
            you know what I mean
            whatever you call this:

vs.

this stock "clear" lense:

will there be any big difference when installing HID on the stock lense than on those lense?

I got a pair of free 87-89 headlights assembly with cracked lenses, just don't want to let Nissan make $2 million profits a lense out of me again, so I'm looking for aftermarket options
            dont quote me, but i remember the 87-89 headlight lenses being dealer only. your best bet may be to find an undamaged set in a junkyard.. they sell chemicals that clean the lenses like new

Comment

I think he's looking for the "clear" lens' like these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/84-85-86 ... dZViewItem

The non-reflective/fractive? crystal lens.
              To be honest I'd like to know where to get a set like that for my Z when I get around to installing a set of HID's.

Comment

This knob is always spamming his site on zcar.com, give it a shot! I think he has them...

http://www.h4lights.com
                http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

yeah, not 87+ but this is the clear lights on a Z31, mine.

I'm sure someone sells a universal of the right demensions.
                  Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

Comment

Honestly, HID lights will need thier own special housing that is aimed correctly to achieve maximum lighting while not blinding oncoming traffic. 8) Basically, unless you custom fab a headlight housing with a projector in it, you aren't going to find the right kind of pattern that's safe with traffic.

Not saying HID isn't cool, but you'd certainly need a lot more than "clear" lenses and luck to actually make them work on a Z31.

If you do get something together, I'd like to see a writeup on it. Just be sure that the finished product is aimed correctly for traffic safety.

Comment

someone has already done it , and you didnt need to custom fabricate anything really, and he has a write up.

Xantavar wrote: Honestly, HID lights will need thier own special housing that is aimed correctly to achieve maximum lighting while not blinding oncoming traffic. 8) Basically, unless you custom fab a headlight housing with a projector in it, you aren't going to find the right kind of pattern that's safe with traffic.

Not saying HID isn't cool, but you'd certainly need a lot more than "clear" lenses and luck to actually make them work on a Z31.

If you do get something together, I'd like to see a writeup on it. Just be sure that the finished product is aimed correctly for traffic safety.

Comment

Ummm, put them in and go?

Nobody will ever make such an obscure custom kouki housing.

I have HID's on mine and they are nice and bright. I don't leave a trail of destroyed oncoming traffic in my wake either.

Butter's checklist for pissing off Z31 community
                        -Seatbelts temporarily mounted at improper angle for 3 days of driving potentially risking severe trauma to my spine....CHECK

-Stretched tires that will cause my sidewalls to rip off and make my car blow up....CHECK

-Driving on street with roll cage 4" from my head, potentially risking head trauma after four point seatbelts fail....CHECK

-Installing HID's in stock housings that are 20" off the ground that blind babies and cause oncoming buses to flip off the expressway in my wake....CHEEECK
                        sigpic

Comment

Screw on coming traffic!!! If anything; my HID's will be lighting more of the road for THEM to see as well!! :wink:

Comment

Not saying people are going to automatically flip and die at seeing your unaimed HID's, but it is annoying and a hazard as well.

...for the record Butters, I wasn't one of those asshole reactionists that decided to call you out on the seatbelt. I could SEE it wasn't bolted in. :wink:

Glad the HID's work. Happy for you all. Drink some beers and relax. :lol:

Comment

Pleanty of people use hid kits and install/aim them correctly so thatt it won't blind oncomming traffic. If you have any intelligence, you can aim the headlights to where they won't be in the faces of traffic. It's really not that difficult.
                              1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

Working...
                              X