Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]Az4u2c wrote:
    Originally posted by inqui-Z-tor
    Ok .. so parts arrive? installed?Not sure if you are talking to me, but if so...
    Yes. An SBC/DXD stage one clutch and gauges/pod from DanTSS just before he went out, 86 injectors and turbo, 88t ecu (with resistors wired in, tedious for me, i'd never soldered anything), swapped the whole 88t front suspension since i wanted the brakes, shocks, and crossmember, new custom driveshaft (88t cogbox in a 2+2), poly tranny/engine mounts from jason (engine mount install delayed due to dumbass dog running off with them and burying them in snow), turbo exhaust made to work, etc. Lots of little details. I did all that was listed here in 2 weeks over my christmas break with assistance from my father who supplied the well-stocked semi-heated shop and his own time. This summer I'll bump the timing up a little, it's set pretty conservatively to be safe.

I don't miss my slushbox at all (it was going out; BAD vibrations on the way out to the other end of the state to start project, I was starting to wonder if i was going to make it). I LOVE listening to the turbo (no resonator box, big honkin' K&N) and I'm looking forward to my upcoming track orientation school. I've been plagued by a brake problem, but new master is on the way, should be better soon. Nothing to look at really, only exterior change is the 84-85t spoiler installed by a previous owner or a dealer. I'll get it detailed up nicely this summer for senior pictures...
    Hahaha dumbass dog That was good. Congrats on the successful swap.

Comment

I owe a lot of credit to guys like Jason, G-E, Ven (whoever that is, his name was on the auto->5sp swap info), and many others for their walkthroughs, info, and help along the way. Hence, I posted a thank-you in my signature. I wouldn't have known how to do it if not for the info put forth by z31.com and z31perfomance members.
      My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
      My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
      207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Working...
      X