X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater AC problem

Hey hey,

Just a quick question.

I have an '85 z31 and over the weekend the heater and AC have had a spaz. I can only use the heater as it won't turn off, even when I hit the AC button (I know there's gas in there, it's fairly new). Also, the air only comes from the windshield vent and won't come from any other vents.

Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

Thanx

check the vac line to the watercock
    Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
    Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Comment

That and your main vaccum line to the sytem must be bad. It is in the "failure" mode. Defrost is the most important if nothing is going to work. Absolutely check the vaccum line if it is digital.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

vacuum problems are the first thing to check, but it sounds to me like you are saying that you cant even change modes? do you have a digital or manual hvac control?

Comment

I've got analog, and nope I can't change a thing! It's like it's stuck on heater and defrost - can't change between any of the vents floor, face etc.

Comment

MrSifter wrote: I've got analog, and nope I can't change a thing! It's like it's stuck on heater and defrost - can't change between any of the vents floor, face etc.
            ok, then it is most likely a vacuum leak.. sometimes the digital ones cap out completly and you just cant change settings at all.. in your case, one of the long thin vacuum lines that connect the vacuum canister to the plenum and the heater system are cracked.. take the time to replace them.. there are three main lines.. the vacuum canister is behind the right headlight

Comment

Fixed

Thanx Chris, found the problem. It was 2 cracked vaccuum hoses, luckily though the crack was at the top of the hose coming form the cannister!

Thanx again for the help.

Comment

Re: Heater & AC problem

MrSifter wrote: Hey hey,

Just a quick question.

I have an '85 z31 and over the weekend the heater and AC have had a spaz. I can only use the heater as it won't turn off, even when I hit the AC button (I know there's gas in there, it's fairly new). Also, the air only comes from the windshield vent and won't come from any other vents.

Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

Thanx
                My problem exactly aswell!!! Awesome now I know what I need to look for.

Although I can change through my different settings & the air will come out the face vents & then just close up, change back to defrost & they work fine again. :? Good to know this!

Now, possibly someone can point me in the right direction as to where these hoses are.

1985' 2+2 Z31 Non Turbo...
                1986' 2+2 Z31 Turbo...

Comment

Here it is!

Hey man, the tank is located here circled in red. There should be 2 hoses coming from it. Check the seals from the hoses into the tank are ok, luckily mine were cracked there and not deep within the engine bay! That will be a bitch to fix if it is, so good luck.

Comment

Ahh cheers for that mate... dont spose you could tell me how much the hoses were?

Ill get around to fixing it one day.

1986' 2+2 Z31 Turbo...

Comment

Got around to looking at it yesterday & would you believe it... I believe that this will solve 3 problems I'm having with my car. It looked in pretty good shape & my hopes were fading as this was a quick & easy fix, till I grabbed one of the hoses & the thing just broke in my hand right near the top seal.

Now just need to replace it.

1986' 2+2 Z31 Turbo...

Comment

Working...
                      X