Dash Wiring Harness Issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Wiring Harness Issue...

Well I have been trying to work out a few bugs since I did my Digital to Analog conversion. I noticed on my new wiring harness I am missing the blue plug on the passenger side:

On my old wiring harness for the digital dash I have the plug:

Does anyone know what this Blue Plug is for and why I would not have it on my new wiring harness??? Currently my tailights do not come on when I turn the lights on but they light up when I hit the brakes, none of my interior lights and gauges light up either.My RPM gauge is also not working. Any help?
    " I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
    LaterZ

I'm guessing it is for some part of the digital dash, does anyone know????
    " I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
    LaterZ

Comment

Go to the FSM manual and trace the wires.
      The black plug is #28I, the top white one (shown in yellow ) is #29I, and the blue one is #27I
      The "I" means that it is in the instrument harness. Go to the Harness layout section of the FSM (EL 203). From there you can trace the wires.
      I have given you the start that took me all day to figure out. You can find the rest.
      ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

^I agree. From my investigation that was similar to my conclusion.

To expand on that a little farther:

An 84GL harness would not work in my 85GLL
        An 87GL harness would not work in my 85GLL

An 87GL Harness DID work in an 84GL

Year definitely could play a part here, but model AE, GL, GLL....could be a consideration as well.

That is far from definitive info but that is what I can add to the topic.
        Just stand back and throw money.
        Performance costs money.
        Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Working...
        X