electric fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric fan

can i get everybodys recomendation on the best electric fan to go with for my app,because im sick of the fan clutch and the fan, all it does is hit my ic pipe and cause overheating thanks guys
    87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

Where do you live? Do you run A/C?

I run an old 3 blade fan from my '87 Saab 9000 Turbo with an adjustable thermostatic control. Seems to work great.
    1976 280Z 2+2 Turbo
    '81 L28ET, '84 Turbo ECCS, '84-'85 rotors + Toyota 4x4 front calipers + 240SX rears, Z31 DXD Stage I clutch kit, Evo intercooler, Tokico lowering springs and HP blues
    "I drive an S30...your stock equipment is my future upgrade!"

Comment

Flex-a-Lite 220's are the nicest looking and probably most powerful.
      1987 300ZX Turbo - http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3114
      2001 Tiburon Turbo 60-1 270whp/268tq

No cupholders? Where am I gonna put my beer????

Comment

i hate how they make my car sound like a fuckin truck!

Comment

my friend is sellin me a ford taurus fan for 20 bucks and he says it works great,he has it on an rx7 so it should work good on my z cuz rx7s get alot hotter i heard and it cools his good

Comment

Its funny to me how everyone is running the ford taurus fan now. The only reason I am running one is cause I bought a POS wagon taurus years ago and replaced the head gasket in hopes it would work but block was cracked. Car was junk, I wanted a big electric fan and pulled that one cause it cools a large v6 so I figured it would be great for my z. Now I see them everywhere. Not saying I started it but I can say I was one of the first to use them in a z31!
            85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
            04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

damn satan we pretty much have the same app hahaha,same ic,now electric fan,the only thing different about are cars is that your bout to be runnin 9s

Comment

I have had my permacool 16" fan for 5 years now and I have had no problems with it. I got it at summit racing.
                Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
                1986 300zx Turbo
                2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
                1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

I've got a Taurus 2-speed fan I picked up awhile back after extensive research on the net... Jeeps, Stangs, HybridZ, etc. But now that I know Satan uses one I might actually go ahead and install it hehehe :twisted:

Comment

what year(s) ford taurus did the fan come off of?
                    1987 300zx N/A 5 speed 172,XXX miles--K+N intake, 240sx TB, MGP gutted intake plenum, Jacobs Ignition, Jacobs 8.8mm wires, Hotshot Headers, Magnaflow catalytic converter, Borla cat-back exhaust, short throw shifter, and cupholders. Can't fit the rest... 3.6 stroker kit and some cams coming soon!!!!

Comment

Thought i would link this thread up, since it deals primarily with Taurus fans, including a writeup on one way to install them into the Z31.
                      http://www.z31performance.com/forum/...=2631&start=18
                      "produce first.talk second."

Comment

I think mine was a 92 Taurus. Should be 89-94 or so. There may be more years to choose from. Get the one from the 3.8 v6 2 speed 3 wires.
                        The Tbird and MKVIII are the same fans I believe.
                        I got some of my info here: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=73400

Comment

Maxima dual fans. Nissan reliability. I have had one for about four years now, never had a problem and fits nicely.
                          Chuck Stong
                          300+ Parts and Performance owner
                          http://www.300-plus.com
                          2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

+1 for the max fans....

with some minor trimming they pretty much fully shroud your radiator and fit like they were born there. Quite powerful too.
                            "If you don't hold it....you don't own it"

Comment

I found some fans off of ebay from a lexus LS400 or something like that. There in my car and seem to work ok. But there set up as pushers

I bought my buddy some Pontiac fans from one of there fwd cars with a V6 (haha, i guess there all pretty much FWD). There monsters.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
                              X