X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ned mor pics.
    sigpic

Comment

i think the 280z vents look incredible on the z31 but that's just my opinion.
      Funny stories!

Comment

found this on that Japanese Classic Car Show thread, linked to from this forum.
        [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
        [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
        2000 Porsche Boxster
        2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

Those are big and balla

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote:

if that's the style you would go for, I would recommand 82-92 trans am hood vents. but they are harder to come by.
            Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

I know many of you have already seen this, but its one of my favorite cars. I love everything about it (besides that massive dash mounted tach, load of shit in the back, and the ugly front mounted license plate). The hood vents are very hot.

I would like them even more if they were cut into the hood, rather than plastic(?) inserts.

Those and Butters are the only good looking hood vents I have seen IMO. I would really like to see someone put in a nice smooth drop vent, but all the attempts i have seen dont look to good to me...
              "produce first.talk second."

Comment

you don't like the Proudear hood?

Comment

Andrevas wrote: you don't like the Proudear hood?

that hood would be great if the hole was actually big enough to move some hot air out of the way. and of course if it was painted to match the car.... if there was a hood available (or i had a spare hood and some spare time) that could flow enough air, i would make a pan that went from the front lip to the frame rails and flatten out the underside of the engine... that would be a fun project

Comment

I havent ever seen one up close, but it looks a little too ricey for me in the picture. I would like to see one with a little bit larger vent and painted body color, as chris said. Maybe im being to critical...
                    "produce first.talk second."

Comment

i'm planning on something like this. i'll be cutting ths stock hood and then a little metal work with some fiberglass filler. a drop vent in front of the radiator.

Comment

heres some photochopped 280Z vents. i tried the old GTP vents shown above, they looked bad!

Comment

I don't know if that's the Proudear hood or what brand it is, but I think that is the best vented hood setup I've seen on a Z31

Comment

84z31 wrote: heres some photochopped 280Z vents. i tried the old GTP vents shown above, they looked bad!
                            [img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7832/hoodvents13pl.jpg
                            [img]http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4628 ... nts0yt.jpg
                            The gray on your car looks soft :lol:

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

not sure if that will work... that is pretty cool =)
                              make sure you copy / paste it into the address bar...

http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dl ... es?userid={7DC317B0-8EDB-4B2E-A837-F708D07C9769}&inv=9C67398D46D99D9&userid={7DC317B0-8EDB-4B2E-A837-F708D07C9769}&AlbumId={259DA87C-EBE2-4EC5-BB14-6C209CAABAF7}&inv=9C67398D46D99D9&GroupId={C82B031 C-CD9F-4693-AA67-DD20BA94F069}

blueovalz from hybridz
                              Daily:
                              09 2.5SL Altima Grey
                              08 4.0SE Pathfinder 4x4 Grey
                              11 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
                              Z31s:
                              88t Grey
                              86t Pewter

Comment

its covered in dust. its still being worked on. the body was really ruff when i got the car. the passenger side was trashed.

Comment

Working...
                                X