carpet clips...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carpet clips...?

I'm in the process of replacing my carpet and somehow I don't have enough (lost them lol) of the clips that hold it to the door sills. I have been looking through the fiche and can't seem to locate the part # for nissan. If anyone knows where I would be able to get them or even something that would work instead would be greatly appreciated.
    Daily:
    09 2.5SL Altima Grey
    08 4.0SE Pathfinder 4x4 Grey
    11 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
    Z31s:
    88t Grey
    86t Pewter

Are you talking about the plastic pieces that attach to the edge of the carpet and slip over the sheet metal edge on the inner section of the lower door jam?

If so...my best suggestion is a junk yard. I don't believe those were a separate part. They were considered as part of the carpet. I came to a dead end last year looking for the same thing. I ended up using some small generic plastic carpet fasteners that go through the carpet and the metal. It works but wasn't the best solution in the world. My problem is I got a carpet that just wasn't properly cut and that made the whole issue more complicated. (too narrow in width by about 1" on each side to really fit well.)

Anyhow...hope that helps.
    Just stand back and throw money.
    Performance costs money.
    Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Yeah I think we are talking about the same thing, however mine were metal clips that you put over the carpet onto the metal |_ piece. My problem isn't really the lack of them but more so the fact that it makes it easier to position the new carpet and glue it. I tell you what though, if I ever replace carpet on another car I will buy the molded and not the cut and sewn. I guess you get what you pay for, 200 bucks was cheap lol... Definately looks great though =D

I'm hoping more so than anything someone has a parts car with them and would be willing to sell them to me. Willing to pay 5$ + shipping for 3 of them if anyone wants to take that. I will take some pictures if need be.
      Daily:
      09 2.5SL Altima Grey
      Z31s:
      88t Grey
      86t Pewter

Comment

^I hear you there. I was very disappointed in the carpet I bought. I will be replacing it in another year or so just because the quality wasn't what it should have been and the fitment wasn't up to Parr for me.
        Just stand back and throw money.
        Performance costs money.
        Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

I have definately been spending a lot of time evening out the floorboards with padding and so forth... definately going the extra mile on my interior. I would say the carpet I bought was fit just right, couldnt have been better. It just wasn't as easy as I thought it should've been. There is a lot of custom trimming and what not to make it perfect. The sad thing is I looked at my girl's car and found that my floorboard was more even than hers (stock) after all the work I put into it. It will come out great, just hoping I can find something to replace these clips.
          Daily:
          09 2.5SL Altima Grey
          Z31s:
          88t Grey
          86t Pewter

Comment

Working...
          X