Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HID Lights on My Z31

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HID Lights on My Z31

    I was never really happy with the amount of light that the Z31 puts down on the road. I replaced the glass with brand new looking pieces from a car out in California. I changed over to Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. I still wanted more. I did some research on changing over to High Intensity lights, and found that there were two options. One was to find a set of OEM HID headlights and circuitry from a donor vehicle and adapt them to the Z. The other was to install a retrofit kit that fits into the stock 9004 bulb's socket in the stock headlamps. I went with the retrofit kit, as it is hard to beat at $200-300. I chose 6000K color temp, which provides a crisp bright white, without being blue, or trading temperature for light output as the 8000,10000, etc do.

    The difference is incredible. I highly recommend it. Installation is extremely simple.
    More pics and install info over at the page about it at my site.

    Tom
    Tom's Z31 300ZX Page
    NEz31s - The Northeast's Performance Z31 Club

  • #2
    I definately like that. I intend on doing it after the several thousand dollars worth of other crap I need lmao =P I really do like HIDs though, my titan has regular bulbs but compared to my Z it is bright as shit.
    Daily:
    09 2.5SL Altima Grey
    08 4.0SE Pathfinder 4x4 Grey
    11 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
    Z31s:
    88t Grey
    86t Pewter

    Comment


    • #3
      shit isn't luminous where I come from, so comparing a luminous filament to a pile of light absorbing brown.... I dunno how you could get shit that bright

      Comment


      • #4
        I thought we had sealed beams?

        Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

        Comment


        • #5
          I really like the look of those. HOT.

          I was considering either a hella bi-xenon HID retrofit kit with 9 CM housings or simply going with enclosures that use the 9007 sytle bulbs and going for a cheap ebay kit. Right now I am leaning towards the hella's if I ever get the money for them.

          Comment


          • #6
            so tom, when are you installing the microwave and foot warmers?

            Comment


            • #7
              Jason84NA2T wrote: I really like the look of those. HOT.

              I was considering either a hella bi-xenon HID retrofit kit with 9 CM housings or simply going with enclosures that use the 9007 sytle bulbs and going for a cheap ebay kit. Right now I am leaning towards the hella's if I ever get the money for them.thanks. i would have preferred a bixenon solution, but i found this set for just under $200 with a year's warranty, so it was hard to pass up. i have yet to miss the highbeams though, for anything but flashing people on the road.

              G-E wrote:
              so tom, when are you installing the microwave and foot warmers?
              well, i dunno about microwave and foot warmers, but there are a couple other things in the z that i think could use a little functional massaging... automatic windows, intermittent rear wiper, anyone?
              Tom's Z31 300ZX Page
              NEz31s - The Northeast's Performance Z31 Club

              Comment


              • #8
                acabtp wrote: well, i dunno about microwave and foot warmers, but there are a couple other things in the z that i think could use a little functional massaging... automatic windows, intermittent rear wiper, anyone?
                Automatic drivers window would be one, but I have never once used the rear wiper in the 8+ years I have owned my 84. I just took it off because I was so sick of such a completely useless part on my car.

                Comment

                Working...
                X