Well, here are the carpet pictures... finally. *lazyness*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, here are the carpet pictures... finally. *lazyness*

This is essentially one of the last steps on the interior... other than replacing misc broken parts and what not. Instead of going ahead and spending the thousand on my seats and another couple hundered on the steering wheel I'm going to go ahead and do my NA>T swap considering I have most of the parts now. If you didn't see pictures of the strip down and 'dynamat' (b-quiet) that I put in the car, you can see them here http://z31.com/board/read.php?id=101140&srf=nyet

Anywho, heres the pictures (definately not finished though)...

One note I mentioned in another post... This carpet is fairly nice, not the greatest quality though. Fittament was good, little trimming on the edges, have to make all your own holes. Over all it was more work than expected, and if I ever decide to do it on another vehicle I will buy a molded carpet and spend another hundered. Everything went in fairly well, no real problems to speak of.

and thats all for now!
    Daily:
    09 2.5SL Altima Grey
    08 4.0SE Pathfinder 4x4 Grey
    11 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
    Z31s:
    88t Grey
    86t Pewter

I'm looking for some good floor mats to go with my new carpet... I checked motorsportauto and what not... but does anyone have any suggestions on a good quality set with a tasteful logo or whatever. Just looking for something nice and subtle.
    Daily:
    09 2.5SL Altima Grey
    Z31s:
    88t Grey
    86t Pewter

Comment

Wow, I bet that thing is going to be seriously quiet inside! Did you put that b-quiet stuff over the stock stuff or remove all of it first?

Greg used to make AE and early turbo repo floor mats that were very nice, but I don't know if you could find a set of those anymore. I don't think too highly of the logos on the MSA matts, I would sooner find a good used set of stock mats.

Comment

I put the b-quiet over the stock tar or whatever you want to call it. Yeah even without the carpet and padding it was quiet as hell... I just can't wait to drive it again lol. I think I'm going to end up just trying to find some stock floor mats, just like you said... the msa ones are ugly/tacky logos and what not. That or I'll end up just getting some that are blank.
        Attached Files
        Daily:
        09 2.5SL Altima Grey
        Z31s:
        88t Grey
        86t Pewter

Comment

MSA mats suck

The back is not rubber, it is a foam so the mat slides around all over the place. I hate I bought the damn things.

Comment

Where did you get the carpet from? Website?
            Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
            1986 300zx Turbo
            2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
            1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

man that looks good as wood.
              i really want to chang my carpet and dash and stuff to black.
              im think bout buying lll the stuff and having like 2 buddys help me do it one weekend cuz my zx is my only car with insurance.

but yeah clean work i like it!

just wonderingg,
              theres no spray paint in there right? :lol:

Comment

utjon wrote: I'm looking for some good floor mats to go with my new carpet... I checked motorsportauto and what not... but does anyone have any suggestions on a good quality set with a tasteful logo or whatever. Just looking for something nice and subtle.
                I've got some good looking black 300zx factory floor mats. ARe you interested at all? If so, PM me.
                Just in case you're wondering, I'm Pylon_Boy

I'm moving out of the country. Buy my tools, cars, car parts, ect.
                http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpylon_boyQQhtZ-1

Comment

that is nice....i took all my carpet out because it was scuzzy.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Neil86t,
                    I actually bought the carpet on eBay from a member named "autointeriorkits"
                    http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtp ... teriorkits

Lucidix,
                    No spray paint on the carpet =P There is bedliner in the hatch though LOL. That is what you call home made rust fix.

I don't really recommend the carpet (lol)... unless you have a lot of patience. Just be aware that it takes work to get everything even and nice looking. I would be more about recommending the carpet after I have had some time to see how it wears. Buy at your own risk :P I do recommend going with a good quality molded kit though. None the less, this seems like it is going to do the job, and will probably last longer than I will have the car...
                    Daily:
                    09 2.5SL Altima Grey
                    Z31s:
                    88t Grey
                    86t Pewter

Comment

utjon ,

I know you said you wouldn't recommend the entire kit for the eBay seller but I just need the rear hatch carpet. They sell it separate for $90.00. How was the quality/fit of just this one item. Would you recommend it?

Thank in advance...

Comment

the rear was the best part IMO. I'd go for it the hatch was the easiest/best fit out of the entire kit.
                        Daily:
                        09 2.5SL Altima Grey
                        Z31s:
                        88t Grey
                        86t Pewter

Comment

[quote]Little Bunny Foo Foo wrote:
                          Originally posted by utjon
                          I'm looking for some good floor mats to go with my new carpet... I checked motorsportauto and what not... but does anyone have any suggestions on a good quality set with a tasteful logo or whatever. Just looking for something nice and subtle.

I've got some good looking black 300zx factory floor mats. ARe you interested at all? If so, PM me.
                          I'am interested in the black floor mats.what year are they and How much.
                          also do you have a picture.
                          1988 SS TURBO BEING RESTORE.
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2238220

Comment

Working...
                          X