Cylinder Head Temp Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder Head Temp Gauge

Hi all, i have a spare space in my center gauge holder. I've been told a cylinder head temp gauge is a good one to get.

Any thoughts on these or is there any other one that you can recommend.

How accurate are the stock oil pressure and voltmeter on the digital gauges? Is it maybe worth replacing one on them for a more accurate aftermarket gauge.

Thanks and great forum you have running here to.

Matt

stock volt meter is quite accurate as well as the stock oil temp gauge...however the stock oil pressure gauge is a complete pile of dog shit, it's the slowest response oil pressure gauge I've seen on any car ever. if you are going to get an aftermarket gauge, I'd deffinitly recommend an oil pressure gauge, since some of the aftermarket gauges are really nice.

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
    1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
    1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
    2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
    2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Comment

My gauges didnt work and I installed 2 5/8 boost gauge and an electric water temp gauge. They fit perfectly and I happened to have an extra thermostat housing to install the sensor into that I polished then tapped. They worked out pretty good.
      Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

Comment

the stock oil pressure gauge sucks.

i replaced mine with an autometer sport comp. its amazing.

when i started it and ran it with the stocker it took about 10 minutes to read up to 30psi. and thats the highest it would read.

with the new one. after a second the pressure is up to 70 psi cold. and at normal operating temp its around 55 psi.

Comment

The problem with the oil pressure is not the gauge, it is the oil pressure sender. They are a piece of crap. When new, my oil pressure goes up to 60 PSI within 15 seconds of starting the car. When old, it can take minutes if it goes up at all. Ignoring it when it gets old could cause a very large oil leak out the sender.
          Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
          85 Turbo, original owner, restored
          93 NA Babied

Comment

FlyingT wrote: The problem with the oil pressure is not the gauge, it is the oil pressure sender. They are a piece of crap. When new, my oil pressure goes up to 60 PSI within 15 seconds of starting the car. When old, it can take minutes if it goes up at all. Ignoring it when it gets old could cause a very large oil leak out the sender.
            How are you metering your stock sending unit? Or did I misunderstand your post?
            Attached Files
            Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

Comment

I have the standard Nissan oil pressure gauge that is 22 years old with 300K miles on it. It works fine if the oil sender is working properly. If you are having oil pressure gauge problems, it is 99% most likely the oil sender on the engine that is bad, not the gauge itself. Just change the sender and put your money into somethine else.
              Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
              85 Turbo, original owner, restored
              93 NA Babied

Comment

Working...
              X