Climate Control Face Plate Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climate Control Face Plate Restoration

The thin plastic film that covers the climate control and radio face plate and gave it that shiny appearance was peeling off on my 84 and 85. It looked real messy, so I removed it hoping to clean it up a bit. However, it ended up looking like this. Is there any way to clean it up better other than buying a used climate control face plate? Hard to tell if that's residue left behind or it damaged the face plate cover.

p_00291.jpg

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ***

p_00292.jpg
    Last edited by daniel_pearce; 07-29-2017, 03:27 PM.

Looks like sticker residue. Mine looks like the shiny parts. Try removing the bezel and see if the residue will come off the edge the bezel covers. If it's just sticker residue, it should come off, just be real gentle or you'll take the shiny off.

Comment

Alright I'll give it a shot. Hoping Goo Gone will work as it's worked for everything else. The residue is stuck on there pretty good, that's why it was hard to tell if it was residue or the shiny part was damaged after peeling away the plastic film.

Comment

I know this is over a year old but we are getting these reproduced.

Comment

• dbruce
          dbruce commented
          Editing a comment
          I have an 85GL I would be interested in a repro ,

Originally posted by xenonxiii View Post
        Buttons too?

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by xenonxiii View Post
          Awesome! I recall there being a guy years ago that was refurbishing them - screamingflea(?) - but I believe he disappeared long ago. Good to see that we have another alternative other than stick on replacements.
          '86 300ZXT GLL
          '78 Datsun 280Z BP
          '11 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD

Comment

awesome! Just ordered a set of the aluminum ones. For the 5 years I've owned the car I was thinking this would be the way to go if anyone made them.

Comment

This is excellent news.

Comment

So I go to the website ... and don't see the gl faceplate ? ie analog non digi climate face ...

But is it to be available ?

Comment

Originally posted by dbruce View Post
                  So I go to the website ... and don't see the gl faceplate ? ie analog non digi climate face ...

But is it to be available ?
                  I asked right away when this was announced and I was told they will be made too.

Comment

All The Faceplates are now available.

Comment

I just covered my with real carbon fiber sheets. Pretty easy.
                    Attached Files
                    Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
                    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
                    93 NA Babied

Comment

That looks pretty cool how did you do the carbon?

Comment

Working...
                      X