No announcement yet.

Hardtop conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah you're right, I never drive in the rain if I can help it mainly because it sucks and you can't boost properly lol Cant help the odd random downfall though.

In my state there isn't a single Z31 period in any of the junkyards let alone a hardtop. I've called every single one, not a chance in finding a hardtop here at a junkyard, or even a regular Z31 for that matter.
    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

300zxt

nothing is impossible the only thing i can imagine to be a problem with welding in sheet metal to a t top roof is the heat of the welding might warp things if its not done by a very good welder who has had practice with that sort of thing before.Personally i would be worrying about who would do the welding/fitting of the slicktop conversion rather than some window seals which you may possibly be able to make yourself from seals of another vechicle, as far as window seals and trims you could speak to a classic car restoration place who do a lot of cars with rare/hard to find parts. Im sure a restoration shop like this would know of good solutions to your welding roof/trim/window seal questions.
      Good luck i have a slicktop myself and i think it looks way cooler than t tops having that clean roof line looks nice. I hope you do it and best of luck !
      85 Turbo Slick Top
      __________________________________________________ _____

Comment

Why not ask someone here to see if there is a slicktop in the yard next time they go. Then maybe if you pay them for finding it for you they will ship it to you out there. I would do it for you but it'll be while before the yard calls again.
        KILL HADJI

Comment

Welding an entire roof is a major job. The car will have to be braced while it has no roof or it will sag. I don't think it is worth the trouble.
          Chuck Stong
          300+ Parts and Performance owner
          http://www.300-plus.com
          2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Working...
          X