Sneak peak at Stereo project in the SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneak peak at Stereo project in the SS

The altititude change between the sub-box and bluff amp shelf is being modded along with the rear speaker covers...results at Zfest Orlando '06.

http://www.flzclub.com/forum/attachment ... mentid=159
    2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

mine is similar only one sub though i don't listen to much rap...
    Stocker 87 na z31 and a slightly modded 90 240sx

Comment

Get that leveled out and covered in something nicer or at least get the vinyl to lay smoother on the panels. It looks pretty good otherwise.
      http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Very nice... I dig the whole 'keeping your storage capacity' thing.

Comment

Second Jason on the storage area issue and the nice work.

My only suggestion would be to find a way to protect the amp and subs with...say a well vented cover of Plexiglas or whatever... so you don't scar or hurt them. I would be concerned about f-ing them up it that was my car. :?

btw- I assume that is black vinyl? Care to share how you attached it?

I actually considered using some grey vynil (color theme thing) but the best idea I came up with was to cut some fiberboard to fit and lay that over the stock padding/tool kit and attach the vynil to that. And do the same on the back of the rear seats since I have a 2+2.

Just curious how you did yours. I like it .
          Just stand back and throw money.
          Performance costs money.
          Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Cut your fiberboard (or whatever) to fit then just use spray on contact cement. Let the vinyl warm in the sun and spray both the board and the vinyl. Then just smooth it on a bit at a time. Great thing about a good contact cement is that you can pull it back up if you make a mistake and re-apply.
            http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Steve88t wrote: Cut your fiberboard (or whatever) to fit then just use spray on contact cement. Let the vinyl warm in the sun and spray both the board and the vinyl. Then just smooth it on a bit at a time. Great thing about a good contact cement is that you can pull it back up if you make a mistake and re-apply.
              yep.

Use a large piece of fabric or cardboard to cut a template and then cut whatever you'll use for the bluff shelf.
              2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

Are those bostons as in boston acoustics right? Nice set up. I have a gigantic jl10 vented box gay thing. But it works

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: Are those bostons as in boston acoustics right? Nice set up. I have a gigantic jl10 vented box gay thing. But it works
                  yep, boston acoustics G1 subs and 6.5's in all corners. Sounds HELLA better than the 80's funk I was running.
                  2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

Working...
                  X