head liner glue? i go no t-tops, so alot to glue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head liner glue? i go no t-tops, so alot to glue

i know of three different adhesives that don`t work...

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
    good thing....

3M super 77 worked fine for me

unless your foam is actually falling apart, then staple it in place.

Comment

If the foam is deteriating...rub it almost all Away with your hand, leaving a very small amount on the hardboard and fabric.
      *I used 3M Super 74...very expensive, but worth it. The high tack glue allows coating just what is on the hardboard and streching the fabric. It takes 20 min. to finally cure/grip when thoroughly coated. This allows time to pull out wrinkles, reposition material, and work with the adhesive. The High Tack properties of this adhesive hid the rough surfaces from showing through the fabric and is guaranteed to hold up in high temperatures(like florida sun).
      **I wouldn't recomend if I wasn't sure of it. I have tried 3m super 77, and agree it works, but have found that in high heat exposure it softens some.....the "Tac-IT" is merely an industrial version general spray adhesive, that works as well...just not as effective as this 3m special purpose blend I last used.
      8)
      Dan
      I am here to help...

Comment

I went down to a fabric store with a t-top shade and found a material that matched perfectly... and used the 3m super...
        I wouldn't reuse the old fabric.... new fabric is sooo much better.
        vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
        2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

grahfz wrote: I went down to a fabric store with a t-top shade and found a material that matched perfectly... and used the 3m super...
          I wouldn't reuse the old fabric.... new fabric is sooo much better.
          +1

I went to a fabric store also. Not only did the material color and texture match perfectly, it was really inexpensive. If I remember correctly, the material and spray adhesive was approx. $21.00 combined.

Comment

After trying my own fixes twice I went to a local "mom & pop" upholstery shop with my headliner out of the car. My foam was bad & the headliner material was gross. The old guy used a padded black material that matches my interior & t-top covers unbelieveably well. It looks better than OEM. $50 & mine looks better than the factory stuff. Old guy told me that as long as I have the car I can bring it back if I ever have any trouble with it. Can't beat lifetime warranty. Though he is pretty old. My headliner might just outlive him. lol
            378whp 445wtq
            http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

Comment

i went down to walmart and bought vinal. i rubbed all the foam off. cut my vinal to fit, glued then stapled around the edges. even if the glue fails at sometime it won't be able to fall on my head.

Comment

Working...
              X