Auto Climate control swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Climate control swap

has any one did or heard of installing a manual heater control system, My 86 has a auto climate control, I would love too swap it, Will I still need the vacuum pump. ???? thanks Ed

You will still need the vacuum pump. I have not done the swap, but if you have a donor car, it should be no problem.
    Chuck Stong
    300+ Parts and Performance owner
    http://www.300-plus.com
    2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

I swapped my 89Z's auto climate control for a manual unit. I got all of my manual ac/heater parts from imran, a guy from z31.com, for free!! I believe it was from a 86Z. The swap went easily since I had ALL of the parts to swap over. I replaced the hvac unit with the manual unit and replaced the fan blower unit with the manual unit. I kept my auto ac condenser because my ac still worked fine and had no leaks. I just removed any sensors that were on the manual ac condenser and placed them onto my auto condenser unit. I could have just kept the my auto blower since they looked the same except for the sensors and relays, but opted not to. I also kept my auto vac pump and just ran new vac lines to there and into the hvac unit. After all was done I had a proper working ac now. I still haven't gotten a heater valve yet so I don't know if that works or not. The reason why I changed over was because my hvac unit was messed up and the heater core had blown. Plus replacing all of the sensors would have costed more money since I was missing almost all of them.
      89 Black Z 5spd, tokico hp, msa springs, k&n cone, dynomax racemagnum muffler, stanza tb.

Comment

Thanks, Where is the HVAC located anyway? . I have all Digatal, it sucks, I want to convert to anolog gages and manual heater. I will need a doner. LOL

Comment

I could have sworn that someone did a writeup on a digital to analog swap but I am not finding it now. Anyone remember where that was? I will keep looking but not I am irritated that I cant find it. :evil:

I will be doing this myself but I have a donor car with everything working in it. I would think that having a donor to pull whatever you need from would be a significant advantage.
          Just stand back and throw money.
          Performance costs money.
          Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

^thanks man. That was the frist place I looked but just didnt see it for some reason. Slaps shaved head....
            Performance costs money.

Comment

Dash is no issue. But I need to swap out the auto climate control also. Bums site doesn't say much other than "you need more crap" or something to that effect. :wink:

Swapping full dash from 84NA with analog everything to the 85NA with digital everything so I have the donor car with anything I should need.

A/C is an non issue, it will be removed on the 85 as well.

Here is my questions/concerns-

As I look at the 84 and 85 FSM I am not seeing that I will need to do anything other than swap in my entire dash from the 84 to the 85 with all gauges, manual climate controls and dash wiring harness.

Somehow that seems too simple :? . But, I am not seeing or reading in the FSM where I would need to change anything else. It appears that the vent controls and solenoids are essentially the same it is just a matter of being manually or automatically controlled. Am I missing something here? :?

I am planning to spend some serious hours over the next few days/weekend to get my interior swap completed and this is one of the few things I am unsure about in the entire car swap over project. :shock:

Thanks for your help in advance.
              Performance costs money.

Comment

Thanks Bum. :wink:
                Performance costs money.

Comment

Doner

Today I found a doner, 8/87 300zx turbo, 5 speed, analog dash, manual heater, LSD, newer 5 speed. It was on graigs list, $500.00 Plus $50.00 to tow, im so excited but Im moving im 30 days, New house, sucks I cant start swapping sooner.

Comment

Working...
                  X