Made a temporay hood*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made a temporay hood*

Just something to let a little heat out. May have to cut all the way across, but if i am going to do that, i may as well make a drop vent.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

That kinda looks like what Danny88SS did to his Z a LONG time ago. I wish I still knew his website....probably down now :?
    Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
    1986 300zx Turbo
    2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
    1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

hmm, not a bad idea actually, but I think it will actually be venting in cool air while driving and letting heat escape while stopped.

You mentioned temporary hood...what are the long term plans?
      Just stand back and throw money.
      Performance costs money.
      Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

OR-Zman wrote: hmm, not a bad idea actually, but I think it will actually be venting in cool air while driving and letting heat escape while stopped.

You mentioned temporary hood...what are the long term plans?
        a much nicer drop vent

Comment

G-E wrote: and I take it the interheater issue will be taken care of too?
          Now that I think about it... a vertical radiator would take care of that problem with no other changes.

Comment

yeah, it would...hmmmm

But i really like the way the radiator is right now

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
              Originally posted by G-E
              and I take it the interheater issue will be taken care of too?
              Now that I think about it... a vertical radiator would take care of that problem with no other changes.
              especially if you had a shroud from the i/c directly to the radiator and the rad had an e-fan running all the time or an auxillary fan on the i/c itself

just don't put the late 90's camaro nostrils on it, they look fugly

Comment

[quote]G-E wrote: [quote=Jason84NA2T]
                Originally posted by G-E:27c03
                and I take it the interheater issue will be taken care of too?
                especially if you had a shroud from the i/c directly to the radiator and the rad had an e-fan running all the time or an auxillary fan on the i/c itself

just don't put the late 90's camaro nostrils on it, they look fugly[/quote:27c03]
                the IC already has a SPAL fan mounted underneath hardwired to the battery with a on/off switch

Comment

Thats cool

Comment

I thought about cutting those panels out of my hood too, and putting a 84-85 hood scoop over each one.

Comment

Elliott wrote: I thought about cutting those panels out of my hood too, and putting a 84-85 hood scoop over each one.
                      your own version of a zenki pig nose S13?

Comment

Throw some washers and longer bolts in for the hinges of the hood and lift the rear of the hood to let the air escape. I think that will make it work even better

Comment

Z31SPL wrote: Throw some washers and longer bolts in for the hinges of the hood and lift the rear of the hood to let the air escape. I think that will make it work even better
                          I've had a friend disprove this on the track, it actually helps dick, raising the back edge of the hood acts like cowl induction and sucks air back into the engine bay

I hate every car that has it done to it.

Comment

I tried it on my Z with the stock hood and the way are hood system is (with the latch and the utmost front) it really didn't look good.

Comment

Working...
                            X