Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my sub box

i started makin a fibergalss box and here are some of the pics

its almost done now, i will keep you guys updated. its goin to get 2 of these that i already have layin around

Originally posted by Racinjitter
    :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
    ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

Good for you. Are you using matte to make the lower half of it as well?

Just a suggestion to make it easier in the future.... Matte the bottom first and let it cure. Then remove it from the car. Then when you stretch the fleece over it and the rings you can keep everything tight and control the shape and smoothness much easier.
    http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

well days even weeks have passed since i had started my sub box. i kno what all you guys are thinking (what took him so long) well i work full time and i'm a manager so i dont really have that much time on my hands. but today was my only day off this week and i finally finished my box except for paint. i also made kick panels for the bottem pert of the doors, but those are not done yet. well here is alot of pics that i have taken over the entire process and sorry if i put too many. ops:

my first layer of bondo

after sanding the coat of bondo/bondoglass

one of the the kick panels for the lower part of the doors

another pic of one of the kick panels

a pic of it in the car after all of the sanding completed

another one

and another one

test fitting

this is how it will look in the car(it will be gloss black with matching kick panels...oh did you notice the nissan symbol 8)

another pic

and another one(crappy cause i began to fall)

and the last one

well let me kno what all you guys think. thanx!!!! :lol: (all of the pics were done ith my phone)
      Originally posted by Racinjitter
      :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
      ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

Comment

Very impressive man! Great job! Gonna paint it?

Now all you need is a sound sample
        http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

That is flippin sick
          Attached Files

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

That is completely awesome looking. I especially like your custom kick panels. I would like to do something similar in the future to angle those front speakers a little better!

Comment

That is awesome! Are you going to run rear fill speakers or just the speakers in the doors? I was checking out a site from Japan and the guy had simply made some angled risers for his doors and mounted 8" mids and tweeters which I was thinking of doing.

I cant wait to see finished pictures!!!!!!

When is the Orlando meet?
              Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

Comment

looks good, but I would never place two speakers facing each other at that angle, it will promote interference and clarity will suffer, unless all you listen to is rap at which point who cares

I'm actually a paging system installer so I know all about sound and speaker placement, arguing with customers is always fun, and it usually comes down to who does it for a living and who is just a bitchy seat warmer

Comment

G-E wrote: looks good, but I would never place two speakers facing each other at that angle, it will promote interference and clarity will suffer, unless all you listen to is rap at which point who cares

I'm actually a paging system installer so I know all about sound and speaker placement, arguing with customers is always fun, and it usually comes down to who does it for a living and who is just a bitchy seat warmer
                  Then you can answer my question.

Is the Z31's stock sound system engineered with a bias on the driver's location? What about a Z32?

Maybe its all in my head but it seems like it just sounds better from the driver's seat.
                  Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                  tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                  545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

It's in your head lol Otherwise what about RHD? One of your speakers probably isn't working...

looks good, but I would never place two speakers facing each other at that angle, it will promote interference and clarity will suffer, unless all you listen to is rap at which point who cares
                    Someone who listens to rap might care! :P
                    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

yes I would think old wires, higher resistence, failing speakers etc....

unless you have bodysonic then yes it is biased

Comment

Man i drove around on stock sound system for the last week and thought i was used to it.... Then i put my sub in last night and realized how much i missed the bass.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

A sub makes all the difference in the world!!!
                          What is wrong with the angle of his speakers? I cant believe he wouldnt have just thrown an angle on them. If theyre phased properly he should be ok.
                          Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

Comment

In such a small environment you can't worry about cancellation until it shows its ugly head. There is no feasible way you can calculate where they will be or at what freqs. Placing drivers in the same environment will always lead to some cancellation or summation. It's just the way our reality works and we deal with it through trial and error. Unless you have tried a similar setup, I would be hesitant to give a ton of weight to that statement. No offense, but I have used a vaguely similar setup and I have seen others do the same. Both in Z31's and other similar hatchbacks.

Car audio is so much trial and error (or voodoo to the layman) that logic does not always prevail.
                            http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

That is the nicest sound system i have ever seen in a z31. I have been waiting for someone to try something like that with the door speakers. Show us what it looks like painted and installed!
                              "produce first.talk second."

Comment

Working...
                              X