No announcement yet.

Digital Dash Color Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z_Karma wrote: ok, i rehosted all the images on imageshack, hopefully they last awhile.
    I still haven't made it down to the stagelighting place to get some filters.
    :-?
    Man just order them from Ebay. They are like 4 bucks shipped or something like that.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

nah, there is a huge industrial and stage lighting place in town, i actually made it out
      there today. I picked up a free sample book of Roscolux filters and will be seeing what
      filter combo best matches the blue of my prosport gauges.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

Z_Karma's writeup can be found at my site as well as Radare's

here is the link.

http://xenonz31.com/digitaldashcolorchange.html

Comment

I was thinking of buying some carbon fiber sticker and changing the grid pattern. The inner plexi has all the writing on it correct?

Comment

Per the Write up Yes.

Comment

I removed mine and installed anolog gages with blue lights

http://www.cardomain.com/id/edsz31

Comment

edsz31 wrote: I removed mine and installed anolog gages with blue lights

http://www.cardomain.com/id/edsz31
                where did you find the white gauge cluster?

Comment

I found it on e-bay, I had to paing the needles glow orange and install some black light leds in

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
                    Originally posted by Z_Karma
                    ok, i rehosted all the images on imageshack, hopefully they last awhile.
                    I still haven't made it down to the stagelighting place to get some filters.
                    :-?
                    Man just order them from Ebay. They are like 4 bucks shipped or something like that.
                    I was going to get those but there 6" a piece with 4 different colors [blue,red,green,yellow].. i asked if i can just pay for 2 blue ones for $4 which would be enough im sure. Although, is that a darkish blue enough to give it a good blue look? i don't want it light when it comes out. I got a digi dash cluster im going to replace so it will be perfect timing to do this mod.

I'm trying to get this girl to hook me up with 2 blue ones.
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0097536037

if not, i'm going to have to go with these
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/LIGHTING-GELS-Par-C ... dZViewItem

Comment

Z Karma- Here is a Closeup of LCD(LCD = liquid crystal display, way different from LED. LED =light emitting diode).

Nice write up and pics man. Not trying to nitpick- only trying to keep the info accurate here. I think that the main instrument cluster is NOT LCD. While the climate control looks very much like backlighted LCD the main cluster has every sign of being fluorescent vacuum display. It also helps explain why the main cluster is so much brighter.
                      Everything is Meaningless.

Comment

Got a few questins and ideas here. Im ripping apart my interior this week any ways, so I figured I would try and change my dash color wile im at it.
                        First, any one know what color gel I would use to match my faze gauges? Its like a green-ish blue. Im sure you have seen the faze color. Do you think it would look good? I like the look of my faze gauges but having my hole dash that color might be too much.. Not sure.

Second has any one played with the idea of difernt colors? For instance a red strip for the bar at red line. Maybe orange and yellow bars leading up to it. Maybe red on the lil count down thing that comes one when your at the bottom of your gas tank.
                        Also what would be really cool. But take some modifacation would be to make the bars build up across the tach in the same fashion they build upwords with vacuum.
                        Now im sure I can probably find a way to make it a single bar to indacate the rpms, rather then just a brigher bar. But it would be real cool if they built up, sort of as the s2k gauge works.

Any one have any pics of a red dash?

Comment

I'm going to do the dash as I get my hands on some light filters. I also ordered a bunch of specialty LED's to replace the stock bulbs in the climate control, AT shifter console, Lighter/Ashtray and such. Who knows how long it will take for these to get here, since they're coming from the States via letter mail :-?

Comment

Where did you get these specialty LED's?

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
                            1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
                            2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

you can almost any leds you want off of http://superbrightleds.com/
                              86 NA
                              87 Turbo
                              Member of the "zetto sun-ichi" group

Local MN car forum/club anyone welcome..... fivezeroseven.net join!

Comment

Heh, that's where I ordered mine from. The bulbs in the back of the climate control and such (in the socket) are #74's if I remember correctly. The tiny ass ones in the combination switches (light up the switches for the defrost/rear wiper/hazards and others) I haven't figured them out for size yet, I just took the green caps off them for now. They may be just a one piece bulb with tiny rubber socket. May have to wire in an LED for that, I'll just wait till I get the other ones here before look into that. The one in the AT shifter console is a bigger bulb like the floor lamps.

Comment

Working...
                                X