86 sideskirts on a 84-85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86 sideskirts on a 84-85

I got some 86 sideskirts from the junkyard to throw on my 84T while im doing the body work. They are way off. Anyone do it? pics?

What do you mean by "way off" ? You'll need to use AE flares with them to make them look right. Also make sure you're not trying to use 2+2's on a 2 seater etc..
    1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

And you might need some 86-89 fenders.
      Shiro #443

Comment

Cheaper and easier to buy some aftermarket sideskirts that fit the 84 - 85 like I did.
        Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
        85 Turbo, original owner, restored
        93 NA Babied

Comment

You'll need to fiberglass them in or something, because they don't line up right at all. I test fit them just to see how different they are; should have taken pictures.

Comment

I'm considering bonding the 86 skirts over the 87 skirts... I like the notched blocky ends of the 87 but the 86 sticks out nicely....

Comment

I have the 86 skirts sitting here, and my 84T is ready for paint this saturday morning. I wanted to put them on but its too much work. Radare who i bought the car from removed the stock 84T sideskirts and filled the mounting holes all smooth. Its different but looks like an offroad machine, it looks really high off the ground, and i prefer sideskirts. Guess i can buy the 86 style sideskirts that fit the 84-85 and 87-89 for my other car. Im in love with the 86 sideskirts... car should be done for calendar submissions too! pics to come after this weekend!

Comment

will the 86 sideskirts fit 87-89?
                Attached Files
                Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
                I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
                Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

Lance wrote: will the 86 sideskirts fit 87-89?
                  Yes they line up fine, but as I recall they mount differently.

Comment

I tried lining them up on my 88 and they were not long enough for the 87-89, they also look way off. I guess they only fit 86's and 84AE's???

Comment

My car looks very monster truckish

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

I really like the 87-89 front lip but I prefer the older style side skirts. they have more of a lip to them.
                        Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
                        I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
                        Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

God dam it, I was just at the Junk yard and found an 84-85 Turbo. Front end collision, smashed up to the turbo and everthing. And once again a car with only the PASSENGER skirt that i can find.

I was thinking about salvaging the one on it. (drivers that is) it is still in one piece sorta, and the fiberglass behind the paint is cracked to shit. Do you think with a little epoxy and some time itll look natural? Then i will have side skirts
                          Attached Files

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

roastin300 wrote: I tried lining them up on my 88 and they were not long enough for the 87-89, they also look way off. I guess they only fit 86's and 84AE's???
                            Um, no... they should fit. Bear in mind they don't run the entire length like the 87-89 ones do:

Attached Files

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
                              Originally posted by roastin300
                              I tried lining them up on my 88 and they were not long enough for the 87-89, they also look way off. I guess they only fit 86's and 84AE's???
                              Um, no... they should fit. Bear in mind they don't run the entire length like the 87-89 ones do:

I always thought that WAS and 86 just with a front end swap....it's not?
                              http://www.vgpowered.com
                              Bridging the gap between VG communities...

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

Comment

Working...
                              X