weatherstripping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weatherstripping?

hey guys just wondering since it's the season to be leaking where if anyone has the T-top weatherstripping cheaper than the Z store or black dragon or whatever $350 per side seems out-fukin-rageous
    Stocker 87 na z31 and a slightly modded 90 240sx

I fixed my leaking t-top corner seals using 3M windo-weld. All I did was rough up the existing rubber real well with some 80 grit, then goop the windo-weld in a big gob where it was leaking. Then I shaved it down using a sharp razer blade so it fit snugly with the t-top installed. It has not leaked since then.

Be careful if you use windo-weld... wear rubber gloves!

Comment

i was going to ask the same thing.

i can't believe how much that crap costs.

no one else has those parts thou???

that sucks

Comment

84z31 wrote: i was going to ask the same thing.

i can't believe how much that crap costs.

no one else has those parts thou???

that sucks
        The options on the seals are pretty limited. The two listed are the only ones I know of. Well, the stealership may but I cant imagine how much they would want. :shock:

On my 84 the door seals and hatch seals were pretty bad when I got it. I used some black RTV to build up the areas that were leaking and the cracked areas on the rear hatch. It took some time and several applications to get it done but it took care of the problem. I had intended to replace them when I painted the car but...no need to worry about it now.

Window Weld, as Jason suggested would probably work great, but RTV is cheaper and will be easier to work with overall from my experience.

Luckily the new 85 has good door, hatch and t-top seals so I have a few years before I have to worry about that again.
        Just stand back and throw money.
        Performance costs money.
        Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

i probably will break down and buy the stupid things just so i can forget about them for another 10-16 years
          Stocker 87 na z31 and a slightly modded 90 240sx

Comment

Depending upon how bad yours are, getting some decent used ones might be the way to go. I have a set or two that I would let go fairly cheap.
            Chuck Stong
            300+ Parts and Performance owner
            http://www.300-plus.com
            2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Working...
            X