rear spoiler interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear spoiler interchange

I have an 85 turbo. The spoiler is no good. Is the 86 a direct fit? Trying to decide between the OEM type spoiler or a small wing.

86 fits fine, but it has the cutout for the third brake light. You will need to make a hole in the hatch to run the wire, or just leave it disconnected. I recommened you find an 87-89 wing; very clean look.

Comment

Ok you've got my interest, which 87-89 wing.

Comment

I've got a rear spoler off my 85 turbo that's in very good shape, interested?
        It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

I also have a 86 with third brake light and wiper arm in good condition. I like the look of the 86 how it kicks up in the back....but the 87-89T are sweet, i put this on instead on my car

Comment

I am a bit concerned that an 85 will rust again and end up the same as the one I have. My car is mint, I thought, until I removed the spoiler. Has a quarter sized spot of surface rust. I would be interested in the 86 thou. What do you need for it.

Comment

I wouldn't suggest an 86 spoiler because of the third brake light in it. You would have to either cut a hole in your trunk lid or cut out the third light assembly to get it to fit. 87-89 spoilers are a direct fit and IMO look much better.
              [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
              [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
              2000 Porsche Boxster
              2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

84-85 spoilers are that foam crap which get water logged and rot out your hatch. Not to mention they warp to hell.

Comment

alrighty then. Anybody have an 87-89 spoiler

Comment

My rear spoiler on my 85 Turbo is original and so is the hatch. In fact the hatch and spoiler are one of the few parts on my Z that are original (as well as the hood, roof, and drivers door. I live in the snow belt here in NH and it is not warped at all. When the spoiler was off during the restoration of my Z, there was no rust at all underneath it. It still looked almost new.
                    Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
                    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
                    93 NA Babied

Comment

JK wrote: alrighty then. Anybody have an 87-89 spoiler
                      Of course, I have several.
                      Chuck Stong
                      300+ Parts and Performance owner
                      http://www.300-plus.com
                      2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Working...