Now I just need a moving red light...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I just need a moving red light...

I love the louvers! Better get on the dyno, might of picked up some powah! :lol:
    Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
    1986 300zx Turbo
    2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
    1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

I actually like those alot. My first 84 turbo auto had them. Nice touch.

Comment

since you don't have an obnoxious front end (extra lights, huge lip etc..) it actually looks ok, I think the colour scheme makes it appear more subtle than it is

but they're only good on the 84-85 imho, the 86+ are too bumpy and flowing and just gets screwed up

Comment

Good move, Jason. You can never go wrong with louvers. Unless you get the cheap plastic quarter window ones from MSA. $140 or whatever rediculous amount for those pieces of shit.
          BLOZ UP.com
          It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

I love your car

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Holy cow... this is almost exactly the opposite response I was expecting. I didn't know so many people liked the headlight louvers like I do!

Comment

Post it over on the z31.com forum and see what you get
                I like the louvers, like not "like like".

I seriously considered a light sequencer once. bought the LEDS and circuit board
                never got further than that. and this lame gif

doesn't capture the full effect

Now, if i can only get bitchin betty to address me as "Michael"

Fuel level is low, michael

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

So yeah... apparently super-strength adhesive strip was not enough to hold them on. One fell off today as I was coming to a stop on a 4 lane road. Put a nice little scratch in my mirror housing too.

So there is is, sitting near the middle of the left turn lane, but looking fine and intact except for some chips in the paint. I get the car pulled over and myself out of the car just in time to see a school bus merge into the turn lane and run it right over... flat as a pancake.

Jesus f*&^ing christ. I'm pissed. That just ruined my whole day.

I guess the car decided she didn't like the louvers after all.

Comment

Damn, that sucks.

Reminds me of Chris Farley driving the school bus in Billy Madison.

Comment

louvers are bad, obviously... always sucks to "lose" a part that doesn't depreciate

Comment

Um....yeah....so you owe me like $80 in weed and $40 in shrooms.....whenever you get it.

I'm sorry, those came with screws too. I feel like such a d-bag for not giving them to you....

Gary will be most disappointed...
                        It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

Dam..... She gets what she wants.

I had the trans am from knight rider, not the actual car, but same year. Fun car

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: So yeah... apparently super-strength adhesive strip was not enough to hold them on. One fell off today as I was coming to a stop on a 4 lane road. Put a nice little scratch in my mirror housing too.

So there is is, sitting near the middle of the left turn lane, but looking fine and intact except for some chips in the paint. I get the car pulled over and myself out of the car just in time to see a school bus merge into the turn lane and run it right over... flat as a pancake.

Jesus f*&^ing christ. I'm pissed. That just ruined my whole day.

I guess the car decided she didn't like the louvers after all.

Yeah, Tim just bolted them to the bumper. I would do nothing else but that method.
                            Just in case you're wondering, I'm Pylon_Boy

I'm moving out of the country. Buy my tools, cars, car parts, ect.
                            http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpylon_boyQQhtZ-1

Comment

just wondering but does anyone know if those would fit on the 87 and up bumpers i like them more than the covers they have for the 87and up crowd (the flat plastic)
                              Stocker 87 na z31 and a slightly modded 90 240sx

Comment

Working...
                              X