X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow they really suit the red! Nice!
    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

WhiteZ31 wrote: just wondering but does anyone know if those would fit on the 87 and up bumpers i like them more than the covers they have for the 87and up crowd (the flat plastic)
      Nope, they are completely different dimensions.

Comment

Did you know...

The original Kitt was going to be a 280ZX?

The producers originally had the ZX cast as Kitt. GM got wind of it, and talked them into using their unrealeased (at the time) new '82 Trans Am.

I went to a geek Knight Rider site to check my facts but according to them, Nissan approached Glen Larson but he wanted the Trans Am. I'm pretty sure they are wrong (I remember this from an article I read back in '82 when I owned a '78 280Z and really wanted a ZX turbo).

On a side note. When I got my '83 280ZX turbo, I took a friend for a ride. After I nailed it so he could be impressed by the power, he said "Damn, but where is the turbo button?" I had to explain to him that you don't hit a button and get throw back in your seat like in TV. He as very disappointed and I still give him shit about that.

Comment

Re: Did you know...

Rob-84AE wrote: On a side note. When I got my '83 280ZX turbo, I took a friend for a ride. After I nailed it so he could be impressed by the power, he said "Damn, but where is the turbo button?" I had to explain to him that you don't hit a button and get throw back in your seat like in TV. He as very disappointed and I still give him shit about that.
          I heard that it was supposed to be a Z31 Turbo but Nissan could not supply the number of cars they wanted so early in the production.

That is some funny stuff! I bet he still feels like an idiot for saying that. I once had a kid ask me how he could "turn his turbo off" on his 300ZX to "save gas on the highway". Silly people.

Comment

Working...
          X