OS Giken Cross Gear Set!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OS Giken Cross Gear Set!

ok well i was reading the newest High Performance and Imports magazine and this guy with a z32 was making over 800whp using the Os Giken Cross Gear Set! now im remeber reading somewhere that the FS5R30A transmission had the same internals as a z32 tranny FS5A30A!

it it possible that this gear set could also work on the z31 transmission?

i found a few sites that might be worth looking at!
    also it seems that Os Giken also makes a gear set for the FS5W71C!

http://splparts.com/Parts/Z32/Drivetrai ... efault.asp way at the bottom

http://www.otomoto.com.au/osgiken/close ... r_sets.htm
    http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

this might come off as a dumb question but what happened to 4th gear

Comment

mike1988 wrote: this might come off as a dumb question but what happened to 4th gear
      use stock 4th gear I guess
      Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

very interesting

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

it's more meant for improving ratio spacing

the 5th gear will be completely useless for extra strength

Comment

i could be wrong but as far as i remember 4th gear is a straigt throug
            1985 na2t slicktop 87t front and rear end with 96 z32 front brakes

Comment

One of my instructors at school has a 1993 TT and also a Z31. He said that you cannot fit a Z32 gearset into a Z31 30A.

This would be the reason to swap to a Z32 crankshaft. Use a multi carbon disc clutch from a z32 with a z32 tt trans. Sounds like fun
              Attached Files
              ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

GotFast? wrote: One of my instructors at school has a 1993 TT and also a Z31. He said that you cannot fit a Z32 gearset into a Z31 30A.

This would be the reason to swap to a Z32 crankshaft. Use a multi carbon disc clutch from a z32 with a z32 tt trans. Sounds like fun
                what makes you think you have to have a z32 trans to use the z32 clutches?, AFAIK the input shaft is the same and the clutches are the same 250mm diameter . jason84na2t looked into this when he was shopping for a new clutch , a clutch for a z32 was an option ,but instead he got somebody to make a clutch to his specifications for cheaper than the z32 clutch ,thanks to him now we have the dxd clutches . also you would have to make an adapter plate for the z32 trans to mate to our vg, and no im pretty sure i remember somebody trying a bellhousing swap and that did not work .

i wonder if the S-14/13 tranny gears can be swapped into our N/A trannies...

Comment

last I heard os giken made multi-plate clutches for z31's as well.... and they aren't the only one I'm pretty sure

Comment

G-E wrote: last I heard os giken made multi-plate clutches for z31's as well.... and they aren't the only one I'm pretty sure
                    No shit? Any idea where you have found them. I would like to look into these clutches a little more. Im looking for a replacement to my ACT 6-Puck and the HD pressure plate..

EDIT: HOLY SHIT. I WANT....$1200 US is the best i found so far.
                    ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

[quote]GotFast? wrote:
                      Originally posted by G-E:02853
                      last I heard os giken made multi-plate clutches for z31's as well.... and they aren't the only one I'm pretty sure
                      No shit? Any idea where you have found them. I would like to look into these clutches a little more. Im looking for a replacement to my ACT 6-Puck and the HD pressure plate..

EDIT: HOLY SHIT. I WANT....$1200 US is the best i found so far.
                      [/quote:02853]
                      yeah I saw AMZ Performance carrying the OS Giken clutch a while back

Comment

GotFast? wrote: One of my instructors at school has a 1993 TT and also a Z31. He said that you cannot fit a Z32 gearset into a Z31 30A.
                        I have to disagree. I've personally swapped the guts from a z32 trans into an 88t trans. The guts are basically identical except for the gearing, the length of the output shaft, and some synchros.

I dont see any reason why you couldnt use a gear set for the z32 trans in a z31 turbo trans. That doesnt mean its worth it.

Comment

Have you tried putting Z32 gears onto a Z31 mainshaft?

Will the countershaft in the OS Giken gearset replace a Z31 countershaft?

Will Z31 synchros work on a Z31 mainshaft with Z32 gears?

Comment

thanks for the input guys!
                            i also read somwhere that its possible to mount a NA z32 tranny to out cars!
                            easier than swapping a turbo z32 tranny!
                            i know the gear set isnt very cheap! but if it would guarantee and indestructible transmission, the price would be worth it!
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

onefast87 wrote: thanks for the input guys!
                              i also read somwhere that its possible to mount a NA z32 tranny to out cars!
                              easier than swapping a turbo z32 tranny!
                              i know the gear set isnt very cheap! but if it would guarantee and indestructible transmission, the price would be worth it!
                              Sure, you can mount the transmission to the car, with fabrication. And sure, you can get it to mate to the block, with fabrication. Will any Z32 transmission bolt up to a Z31? No.

GotFast? wrote:
                              One of my instructors at school has a 1993 TT and also a Z31. He said that you cannot fit a Z32 gearset into a Z31 30A.

I don't know why you think the crankshaft is the problem in useing a Z32 transmission. It's not. The bellhousing-block mating is. Also, what kind of setup are you going to be useing that's in need of a multiplate clutch? I know some people just like spending money for kicks but damn...
                              1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

Working...
                              X