transmission fluid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transmission fluid.

I know most of you recommend Redline MT-90 for the gearbox. I remember reading and article about intentionally overfilling a 30a? Does anybody recommend this? Also, the gearbox will only take a smidgen less than three quarts, right? It ought to be pretty easy to change fluid with the gearbox sitting on the floor in the shop, heh.
    My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
    My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
    207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

you can split the difference between the pathfinder/frontier and 300zx fsms.... adding extra fluid will make it heavy and use a tiny tiny bit more power but it's probably worth it

Comment

So splitting the difference would mean how much total? I don't have those books handy. The 88 z31 fsm says something like 5 1/8th pints (goofy number I thought). The extra few onces of fluid won't make a difference. The car already weights 40-50lbs lighter than the average Z since I'm a real thin guy. 8) Should i just go ahead and give it a full 6 pints? Or is that overkill?
      Attached Files
      My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
      My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
      207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Az4u2c wrote: I know most of you recommend Redline MT-90 for the gearbox. I remember reading and article about intentionally overfilling a 30a? Does anybody recommend this? Also, the gearbox will only take a smidgen less than three quarts, right? It ought to be pretty easy to change fluid with the gearbox sitting on the floor in the shop, heh.
        you plan on changing the fluid with the transmossion OUT of the car? how about you put it back in and then add the exact amount of fluid you want through the shifter hole

Comment

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Looks like TV-Shop stuff..

*Super Strenght*
            *Power Punch*
            *Extreme Pressure*

Buy 2 and you will get 1 motor oil can. not only that you will get free universal engine oil filter etc. :lol:
            Jukka Kivinen - Europe / Finland - '88 Turbo 2+2 Targa
            Datsun Nissan Sports Cars of Finland
            http://www.z31turbo.com / http://www.z31na.com

Comment

They should just call those additives "heavy metals in a can". Yes, they work... but better for diffs. You should find out what's in those before adding it to a nissan manual.

Comment

Well, It really helped. You have no idea how much it brought the grinds down. It was a good 7 dollars spent put it that way.

Yes it is better for diffs, but hell, I needed to get that GL5 out of there
                Attached Files

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
                X