DXD Stage 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXD Stage 3

after the research I've done, I desided to give it a shot over the ACT kit, I've driven the ACT, and although it was stiff, it wasnt that terrible imho, but I want to give the new blood a shot and see how it goes, I'm very excited to get something that'll hold the output of my motor so I can really feel this Z, just after I hit boost my poor clutch just gives up and lets the RPMS fly. especially in the higher gears. All in all I am starting this thread in excitement of the clutch, soon as I get it from Dan I'll post pics, and when i do the install I may do a pictoral write up for clutch, flywheel, poly engine mount bushings, tranny mount bushings, and tranny dampeners, although I've yet to order all the poly stuff, I will shortly.
    Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

Can I get those TPS reports on my desk by Monday plz? There seemed to be a problem with the cover pages....
    1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean? :lol:

Comment

Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour. Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

Comment

Im using it with a fidenza flywheel. My car is stock boost .The clutch grab real quick.. the clutch pedal is a litlle more hard but i think its better than a mushy feel without any resitance.
          Fairlady Z 1990 2+2 Twinturbo

Comment

and with the snow christmas came early this year

(diggin the flowers?)
            now just some poly bushings and dampeners, and a nice flywheel and hopefully alittle warmer outside and we'll be in action.

Big Ups(Many Thanks) to Dan at TSS for all his help.

Comment

Looks like the same damn thing everyone else stamps out. What are the specs on it?
              85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
              04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

DXD I believe is the import brand name for the same Southbend Clutct Jason has?

Comment

yeah DXD is apart of southbend clutches, its a stage 3 good for just above 500ft lbs of tq, so what, 600hp area I'll exaust its abilities, mating materials are feramic, and a medium metal organic, infact, in order to prove I'm a total parrot of dans site, "Application:Nissan 300zx 84-86 Turbo/ 84-89 Non-Turbo. This kit will support 515ft.lbs. of torque and utilizes a full faced clutch disk made of two different materials(New Technology"Feramic" & Meduim Metal Organic). *(Light Weight Flywheel Not Included)" strait from tss site.

from what I've read up on it, its going to be stiffer than stock, but what isn't, since its organic, it can still be slipped although not much, so it should be slightly easier on the daily grind than a 6puck. From what I can find its alot more popular among 3000gt's, there were many guys boasting 450awhp 3kgts doing 5k clutch drops and not slipping at all, which isnt too shabby, especially for my possible 280-300whp.

As I look closer at the clutch, the clutch disk seems to be made by exedy, atleast its marked by their logo.

couple other pictures, if i cant install it yet, I'll sure take pictures of it.
                  other side of the pressure plate

aaaand other side of the clutch disk shown

packing material still all over both.

Comment

It's not that i'm lazy, it's that i just don't care.

Comment

Working...
                    X