850ft/lbs Clutch Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 850ft/lbs Clutch Info

Satan wrote: I just talked to Brian, the owner of clutch specialties.

Told me I could send him my pressure plate and he could rework it with a new diaphram and all the machining and give me the disk to hold 850ft/lbs
    and it would run me about $400. In My opinion that is a smoking deal!

Just letting you know cause you said you were interested
    I know not many would have the need, but its nice to have the info out there
    2005 whore magnet

SBC can build the same thing for you (I would compare prices and go with the cheaper of the two) but the pedal effort is going to be enormous from either company with the ~2700+lbs of clamping force needed to get that torque capacity with even a sintered iron lining on the disc. With that huge capacity desired you can't ask for it to be livable though.

I'd love to hear some more specs from them.

What clutch were you running when you put down the old 440rwhp number Steve?

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: SBC can build the same thing for you (I would compare prices and go with the cheaper of the two) but the pedal effort is going to be enormous from either company with the ~2700+lbs of clamping force needed to get that torque capacity with even a sintered iron lining on the disc. With that huge capacity desired you can't ask for it to be livable though.

I'd love to hear some more specs from them.

I havent looked into SBC ill have to give them a call, yea im not expecting for the clutch to be liveable as I wouldnt expect any for the required clamping force. I will find out some more info from Satan or Clutch Specialties when I have a minute.

Jason84NA2T wrote:
      What clutch were you running when you put down the old 440rwhp number Steve?
      I ran an ACT 6 puck and I loved it
      2005 whore magnet

Comment

Working...
      X