No announcement yet.

fidanza replacement friction surface...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fidanza replacement friction surface...

i ordered a replacement surface from summit for my flywheel. the one they sent me that is suppose to fit all nissans is 9.5 inches or 241mm in diameter. since the flywheel will fit the 240 and 250mm clutches im assuming they sent me the wrong part. does anyone have the part number or total diameter of the correct fidanza replacement surface?

so do you have a 250mm clutch then?

Comment

no, i have a 240, but that isnt the point. the flywheel is designed to use either clutch, therefore the surface should be at least 250mm, meaning i have the wrong friction surface for the flywheel. i want to know if someone knows the diameter of the correct friction surface, or the part number for the correct surface

Comment

That is the number listed under "Plate" in their online catalogue. The flywheel its self is listed as 143301.

Dan at TSS sells the Fidanza. I would think he could help you with verifying the part # info as well.
        Just stand back and throw money.
        Performance costs money.
        Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

OR-Zman wrote: 221001

That is the number listed under "Plate" in their online catalogue. The flywheel its self is listed as 143301.

Dan at TSS sells the Fidanza. I would think he could help you with verifying the part # info as well.
          thanks a lot, thats what i thought it was suppose to be. i went with what summit had listed on their web site and they claim that 229501 is for all nissans. thats what they sent me and its going back to them.. the funny thing is that they actually sent me 2 and i only paid for 1.. i guess they get one back and i put the other one on ebay... hehe.. and i spoke to dan and he didnt have the flywheel surface for me, but im probably going to get a dxd stage 3 from him.. havent decided what im going to get yet.. ACT 6 buck sucks dick.. died on me in 5k miles.. it suppose to hold 512 torque.. i peaked at 411 on the dyno. the piece of shit shredded on me.. it sounded like shrapnel in my bellhousing.. car made it home though.. barely..

Comment

http://www.clutchexpress.com/

I got my Fidanza from that place. It was a couple years ago before I realized that Dan could get them. ops:

I had good experience with them. Give them a holler. They should be able to get the friction plates.

If not then I seem to remember Jason replaced the plates on his a while back. He may have a good source.
            Performance costs money.

Comment

Chris,

Simply return the plate and have your flywheel resurfaced with the old one in place. This is what I did, and what has been recommended to me until it is worn to the fasteners. Apparently they actually work better if you resurface them to begin with before even installing. There is reportedly a .002" step height (which you can machine to none and increase clamping force.

Comment

thanks for the info guys, get this.... summit sent me 2 of the wrong disk when i only ordered 1. i already ordered and recieved the correct one from another company.. but get this, they sent me 2 disks as well! very strange.... i would get the old one resurfaced, but it is already down to the fasteners.. i was forced to put 150 miles on the dead clutch to get me back home and it made some nasty grooves in the surface.. check out my 5000 mile ACT 6 puck..

i guess i got it too hot? i really dont understand how it fell apart like this.. there is no unusual coloring on the pressure plate or flywheel. whatever, the clutch sucked dick anyway.. the nast email to ACT has already been sent.. ill get myself a dxd when i have the cash.. stupid holiday gifts.. oh well

Comment

Holy crap, those friction surfaces just completely fell apart. That is nuts. Send the pics to ACT if you havent already.
                  Performance costs money.

Comment

OR-Zman wrote: Holy crap, those friction surfaces just completely fell apart. That is nuts. Send the pics to ACT if you havent already.
                    yea i was thinking of doing that.. i was also thinking about taking a dump on the thing and mailing it back, but i think its illegal to ship feces or something.. i put this clutch in this past july... naturally ACT has a 90 day warranty... im gonna send them the pics, but i know exactly what they will say.. as soon as they see the slightest blue mark on my pressure plate they will say i overheated it and its my fault... maybe ill see if i cant get some fake dog poop and put it in the picture, and then send them the picture

Comment

Holy hell, that thing is stripped.
                      That sucks royally dude.
                      You should get your money back from ACT... unless they dick you around(most likely will).
                      At least now you can get a spring hub clutch.
                      Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
                      1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
                      2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

Working...
                      X