Auto tranny ecu/control location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto tranny ecu/control location?

Well, I am fairly certian that the automatics have a seperate ecu for the tranny...
    *I'm doing a swap(auto->manual) and want to pull all of the non-needed components.
    ~This is one of them..right?..If you could, clue me in as to where it is..save me a little time please!
    Dan 8)
    I am here to help...

LMAO...The automatic tranny ecu's do or do not have a seperate device controlling the transmission?

Anyone?

Bueller?

:shock:
    I am here to help...

Comment

Looking at the 2 FSMs I have I don't see anything. But...what the hell do I know since I don't have an auto?

Bueller checking in...hehehe. :wink:
      Just stand back and throw money.
      Performance costs money.
      Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Dan-TSS wrote: LMAO...The automatic tranny ecu's do or do not have a seperate device controlling the transmission?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Thats funny I just noticed this. If you look in the newb section there is the exact same question from someone.
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

For some reason I'm thinking spare tire well. Pop the spare and check it out.
          It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

Domdogg123 wrote: For some reason I'm thinking spare tire well. Pop the spare and check it out.
            There's a compass calibration control in there..
            Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
            1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
            2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
              Originally posted by Dan-TSS
              LMAO...The automatic tranny ecu's do or do not have a seperate device controlling the transmission?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Thats funny I just noticed this. If you look in the newb section there is the exact same question from someone.
              STFU.(j/k)
              :lol:

The only reason I am doubting what I originally picked up for info. on the topic is because of a previous conversation, regarding the Z32 TT auto slush boxes, I had with another member that seems to obviously know more than I. He wasn't sure about the Z31's having the feature of a seperate box controling the tranny...and with my limited auto experience....I figured I'd reach out and try to save brain space and time.
              I'm going to assume there isn't, but the topic is still open. In the meantime, I will quick peek under the passenger seat, and under the cargo stowage bin, and in the spare tire well...
              Still looking for verification...
              Anyone?

:evil:
              I am here to help...

Comment

I'm pretty certain that it's all in the ECU.
                Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
                1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
                2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

Keep looking...

When I said, 'I think'

I meant, it's in there behind the spare wheel.
                  It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

[quote]Dan-TSS wrote: [quote=SATAN]
                    Originally posted by Dan-TSS:f3719

Anyone?

Bueller?

STFU.(j/k)
                    :lol:

The only reason I am doubting what I originally picked up for info. on the topic is because of a previous conversation, regarding the Z32 TT auto slush boxes, I had with another member that seems to obviously know more than I. He wasn't sure about the Z31's having the feature of a seperate box controling the tranny...and with my limited auto experience....I figured I'd reach out and try to save brain space and time.
                    I'm going to assume there isn't, but the topic is still open. In the meantime, I will quick peek under the passenger seat, and under the cargo stowage bin, and in the spare tire well...
                    Still looking for verification...
                    Anyone?

:evil:[/quote:f3719]

NO really! this is a very similar thread that is in the Newb section, I know ur not a newb but you should look anyways. I know for fact that in my car 85 GLL the compass calibrator is the box behind the spare tire. I'm sure the Auto ECU's controll the tranny. You can take an auto tranny and put it in a 5 speed but not a 5spd ecu into an auto.

Comment

Nissan Manual doesn't show the ECU controlling the trans.

The ECu is called the EFI unit for a reason I think.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

correct, it controls the shift points, locks out o.d. etc... the auto ecu is programmed slightly different, don't know if theres any hardware changes to communicate with the trans or if the other box interfaces directly, never looked into it

Comment

Goes to show how "sure" I am of myself ops:

Sorry guys. Never really worked with an auto. Just heard about them.

Comment

Huh, learn something new everyday.
                            It does just seem like a strange location for it though.
                            Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
                            1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
                            2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

hrm... that's odd. i'm glad i don't have an autobox because i thought the same thing as satan..
                              Funny stories!

Comment

Working...
                              X