Anyone here ever try an R200 3.36?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here ever try an R200 3.36?

These aparently came in the manual 260Z 2+2s and '79 280ZX 2+2s.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=116977

Some guy on Hybrid Z seemed to think pretty highly of it. I wonder how a turbo car would react to it.
    1976 280Z 2+2 Turbo
    '81 L28ET, '84 Turbo ECCS, '84-'85 rotors + Toyota 4x4 front calipers + 240SX rears, Z31 DXD Stage I clutch kit, Evo intercooler, Tokico lowering springs and HP blues
    "I drive an S30...your stock equipment is my future upgrade!"

crunch, crunch, crackle, pop

Comment

Interesting link Bum. Thanks.
      Just stand back and throw money.
      Performance costs money.
      Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

280Z Turbo wrote:
        The Z31 and S30 diffs are identical as far as I'm concerned. I have an '84 Turbo 3.54 in mine now.

I have to wonder if the turbo could use that gearing or if it would just slow it down.
        I would guess the car would be slower overall, but it's going to depend largely on tire size. My car could use a much taller second gear, but I think first is about right for launching (if anything, maybe a 3.90 would be desirable on slicks) so effecting a final drive change for just that would be a little silly. I think your car is geared fairly well with the 3.54 also, you just need good tires.
        Attached Files

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
          Originally posted by 280Z Turbo
          The Z31 and S30 diffs are identical as far as I'm concerned. I have an '84 Turbo 3.54 in mine now.

I have to wonder if the turbo could use that gearing or if it would just slow it down.
          I would guess the car would be slower overall, but it's going to depend largely on tire size. My car could use a much taller second gear, but I think first is about right for launching (if anything, maybe a 3.90 would be desirable on slicks) so effecting a final drive change for just that would be a little silly. I think your car is geared fairly well with the 3.54 also, you just need good tires.
          I'm not seriously considering it. I'm just kicking the idea around and letting other people know in case they hadn't heard of a 3.36 R200.

I was always aware of the 3.36 R180, but I didn't know it came in R200 form until that guy mentioned it.

BTW, I have 4 of those BFG tires. It's just that Aaron has the 2 other rims. I'm no rush to get them right now.
          1976 280Z 2+2 Turbo
          '81 L28ET, '84 Turbo ECCS, '84-'85 rotors + Toyota 4x4 front calipers + 240SX rears, Z31 DXD Stage I clutch kit, Evo intercooler, Tokico lowering springs and HP blues
          "I drive an S30...your stock equipment is my future upgrade!"

Comment

Working...
          X