Just installed my Poly Diff Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just installed my Poly Diff Mount

Let me just start out by saying that the Z31parts.com Poly Diff Mount is an excellently constructed piece...incredibly well packaged and beautifully assembled. Install was fairly easy as I had access to a lift...took under an hour from start to finish.

I noticed the difference IMMEDIATELY upon clutch engagement, like as soon as I backed it out of the garage bay...believe it or not, shifts are now FAR smoother with my ACT 6-puck.

That was just the beginning. I have always had a slight clunk from the diff that I always assumed normal from the ACT racing clutch. GONE.

On power cornering traction has also been very noticeably enhanced, and breakaway seems to be far more linear than before.

All in all i am absolutely thrilled with how well this product has performed in my short testing session. I highly recommend this product to anyone...especially those with an LSD unit.

Something else that was kind of strange I though I might mention...as some of you may know, my car was manufactured in 1/87 so it did not come with a stock LSD, however, the first or second (Most likely second owner) swapped in an R200 LSD from a later car...come to find out the top of the diff mount has a hand written stock number as well as "89 300ZX Turbo" written on it! Just thought it was a neat little discovery and I thought I would share. Pretty neat seeing as there were only 210 '89 Turbos made for the states, and I have one of the diffs!

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
    1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
    1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
    2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
    2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

haha, that is a cool find

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

I just got mine as well; can't wait to install it.

Comment

^ Same here. My diff mount has been patiently waiting for a couple weeks now. :?

I absolutely agree with Taris Blue. The diff mounts are VERY nicely built units. Great construction and design IMO. The materials look top notch to me. (but then again I am a poly addict :wink: ) Much thanks to Russ on his innovation, time and effort.

I should be ready to replace the entire rear the weekend after x-mass. The problem is I am still waiting on one little part (phenolic spacer) so I can finish the engine install and get her running. It is supposed to be here Monday according to UPS. I have to get her running so I can turn the car around to face into my garage for the rear end swap. Did the front suspension swap this weekend. I knew this 84 to 85 swap was going to be a lot of work but DAMN...
        Just stand back and throw money.
        Performance costs money.
        Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

I also got my phenolic spacer; awesome quality of course. Waiting to put that on as well.

Comment

Taris Blue wrote: I have always had a slight clunk from the diff that I always assumed normal from the ACT racing clutch. GONE.
            No shit? I think all of us with the LSD and VLSD have the clunk on power shifting. If I can make that go away that would kick some serious ass. Any negative effect felt from the mount?
            2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

no negative effects from what I can tell so far...given I've only had it installed for 1 day but still...the stock mount I took off has steel mounted to steel by way of rubber bumper mounts...there are 6 points where rubber attatches to the steel, 4 of which appear to be cracked and crumbling with age...I'm sure not just that alone has made the change so drastic.

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
              1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
              1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
              2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
              2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Comment

my experinces with jasons poly engine mounts .

before whenever i would try to slip the clutch but didnt give enough gas , the car would shake pretty bad because of ( i guess) the clutch grabbing and letting go . the was fixed , the car does feel a bit more stable , also before the shifter would you know pull to one side when the car was floored and practically shake around when cruising down in neutral . note that i also had the shitty stock motor mounts and one of them was ripped so my expierences were probably a bit more extreme than other may expierence.

next on my list is phenolic spacer and diffy mount :twisted:

Comment

For anyone that doesn't have the poly engine, transmission and now diff mounts...you are missing out.

I have to say that the overall feel and shifting feel is just amazing.

Oh...almost forgot the transmission damper bushings.

Yes...I know... am addicted to poly... but for good reason. 8)
                  Just stand back and throw money.
                  Performance costs money.
                  Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Working...
                  X