VLSD home made axles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VLSD home made axles?

Ok I have read that axle shafts for the VLSD can be made from junkyard parts. Fairly cheap too. Can't find the exact listing of parts needed or a write up of how to do this. But then again I could be retarded.

I have a VLSD & my buddy wants it (and he wants me to install it in his 86t) but with no axles it's pretty much useless right now.

So my question is............is there a parts list/write up on how to do this?
    Or
    Has someone already done this & they have a set of axles they are willing to sell to me? (actually sell to my buddy)

I'm looking for either the how to & parts list or the set of already altered axles that will work with my buddy's 86t & the VLSD I have.

Thanks!!
    378whp 445wtq
    http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

I think you are referring to zrelated. He used an VLSD from a J30, but he says that you must already have the SS shafts or have them made. Look here: http://www.zrelated.com/VLSD.htm

Comment

z

Comment

Ok so with J30 axles, Z axles, & SS stubs I can (in theory) make axles that fit the VLSD. Ok now I will search for J30 axles & most likely take you up on your offer of the SS stubs Darren. I'll get back to you soon about this. Thanks!
        378whp 445wtq

Comment

z

Comment

[quote]zmech wrote:
            Originally posted by mark86t
            Ok so with J30 axles, Z axles, & SS stubs I can (in theory) make axles that fit the VLSD. Ok now I will search for J30 axles & most likely take you up on your offer of the SS stubs Darren. I'll get back to you soon about this. Thanks!
            They are J30 stubs. They fit right into the vlsd. Mind you this is total speculation but if you go for it, let me know if it works as I do have another vlsd here waiting for something. Not sure yet.
            Ok I misunderstood. These are the stubs that go into the VLSD & need to be put onto the inner end of the Z axles then? If that's the case, then I'll take the stubs. Nothing gained by not trying, right?
            378whp 445wtq

Comment

z

Comment

z

Comment

I called that company & ordered the axles. They assured me I was getting the correct ones(88 package) & that they had them in stock. They also assured me that if they are NOT the correct axles that I will get a complete refund & NOT have to pay return shipping. Seems too good to be true. We'll see in 4-7 days I guess.

If this works out my buddy will be quite happy. Or I will as I have considered putting my CLSD into his car & putting the VLSD (with new axles 8) ) into mine.

Guess I'll go re-read the pros & cons of both diffs to see which one I will use in my car. My buddy doesn't care which one he gets as he doesn't race his car like I do.

BIG THANKS again to you Darren!!!!!
                  378whp 445wtq

Comment

huh i thought those axels were long gone
                    DD:
                    86 Black Turbo 5spd
                    The Fallen:
                    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
                    Parting Currently:
                    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
                    Garage Sale

Comment

mark86t wrote: I called that company & ordered the axles. They assured me I was getting the correct ones(88 package) & that they had them in stock. They also assured me that if they are NOT the correct axles that I will get a complete refund & NOT have to pay return shipping. Seems too good to be true. We'll see in 4-7 days I guess.

If this works out my buddy will be quite happy. Or I will as I have considered putting my CLSD into his car & putting the VLSD (with new axles 8) ) into mine.

Guess I'll go re-read the pros & cons of both diffs to see which one I will use in my car. My buddy doesn't care which one he gets as he doesn't race his car like I do.

BIG THANKS again to you Darren!!!!!
                      Nice find. Hopefully they are the right halfshafts.

I myself have purchased my brand new, never been opened from the box, straight from a Nissan warehouse, SS halfshafts for the same price, about $150 each.

As well as have had halfshafts made to fit . . . for about the same price.
                      [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
                      [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
                      2000 Porsche Boxster
                      2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

bemis wrote:

Nice find. Hopefully they are the right halfshafts.

I myself have purchased my brand new, never been opened from the box, straight from a Nissan warehouse, SS halfshafts for the same price, about $150 each.

As well as have had halfshafts made to fit . . . for about the same price.
                        $150/each from Nissan??? I thought they went for around $700 each. Now that's a steal!
                        378whp 445wtq

Comment

z

Comment

they can be pieced together with halfshaft parts from a 240sx and I think our n/a shafts . something like that , Autoworkz and Bemis were doing something like this . im sure its kind of simple once you know what you are looking at . this whole shooting in the drak thing sucks , somebody should make a list of exactly what you need to get it done.

Comment

z

Comment

Working...
                              X