#*%!!!! The new Axle is GHETTO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #*%!!!! The new Axle is GHETTO

So I broke my Right rear axle up to the point where the car started bouncing.

Its an NA axle (Tripod-Tripod) style....

I ordered an AutoZone Duralast Re-Man axle and it finally came in the mail...

And have almost removed the old axle...
    Now I JUST noticed that the old axle has that ring on it with the 6 bolt holes (the companion flange?)...

and the new one that I got DOESNT even have the lip!!!
    What the frell!!!

I dont get it?
    I hope I didnt get the wrong axle!
    I called EVERY SINGLE auto parts store in yellowpages.com in dallas texas and the sorrounding cities and only TWO people had sets ready to be shipped... one costed 270 bux EACH and autozone wanted 64.99...

What am i going to do if this is the wrong axle?
    I dont have any car to drive!!!

[/img]
    1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 ... Parted out :-(
    ... New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
    1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

Wow, what the hell?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Re: #&*%!!!! The new Axle is GHETTO

1SIKZ31 wrote: So I broke my Right rear axle up to the point where the car started bouncing.

Its an NA axle (Tripod-Tripod) style....

I ordered an AutoZone Duralast Re-Man axle and it finally came in the mail...

Now...
      I spent 2 DAYS taking off the old axle because I had no idea what I was doing even though i had botht he haynes and FSM in front me...

And have almost removed the old axle...
      Now I JUST noticed that the old axle has that ring on it with the 6 bolt holes (the companion flange?)...

and the new one that I got DOESNT even have the lip!!!
      What the frell!!!

I dont get it?
      I hope I didnt get the wrong axle!
      I called EVERY SINGLE auto parts store in yellowpages.com in dallas texas and the sorrounding cities and only TWO people had sets ready to be shipped... one costed 270 bux EACH and autozone wanted 64.99...

What am i going to do if this is the wrong axle?
      I dont have any car to drive!!!

[/img]
      thats not a z31 halfshaft.. havent you screwed up enough repairs on your car? i told you before, find a mechanic and pay him to fix your car... you said you had the haynes and service manual and it took you 2 days to remove an axle? even if you only had one single vise grip to use i cant possibly imagine it taking that long. you have no mechanical ability and you have no business touching a car... return the halfshaft, tow the car to a mechanic and have him fix it..

back to the bottle.. happy new year

Comment

Well I exagerrated the entire 2 day thing... took a couple hours but should of been quicker...

Well I just double checked the part number today at work and found out that IS the correct part number.

But the wrong halfshaft.

Crap!
        Now what the frell am I going to do.

Comment

Take it back maybe? :P
          http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

300zxt wrote: Take it back maybe? :P
            hah. But where am i going to locate another axle now if NOBODY carries them/

Comment

1SIKZ31 wrote:
              Well I just double checked the part number today at work and found out that IS the correct part number.

But the wrong halfshaft.
              Maybe they gave you the wrong one by accident eh?
              http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

[quote]300zxt wrote:
                Originally posted by 1SIKZ31

But the wrong halfshaft.

Maybe they gave you the wrong one by accident eh?
                nope the receipt I have is the correct part number, the box is the correct part number the part is wrong dangit!

Comment

Part stores are run by idiots and thier parts # books are full of wrong info.

Took me 3 tries to get the correct tie rods for my Z.
                  According to my local parts store I have 280ZX tie rods in my 300ZX.

Now who is wrong?

Me bring them "THE PART I REMOVED" from the car and showing them to thier face the pos they ordered was TOTALLY different in every way? Or thier all knowing Parts listing?

Mistakes happen. That looks more like an Integra axle than anything I've ever seen on a Z.

Comment

perhaps they expect a weld or press on flange

Comment

I think we can all vouche on our parts stores experience.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

I was a counterman for many years and can assure you that even though you have the correct part # that parts are FREQUENTLY misboxed. That axle in there is not for a Z (I agree with Cheezy, looks like a Prelude/Integra or poss. Chrysler product due to it needing an intermediate shaft) and it should be obvious to you as well. Also, most independent small parts distributors have very professional countermen, while chain stores (Vatozone, Poop-Boys, etc...) will have some 17 yr. old who blindly regurgitates info spit forth from their shitty parts computer system. *Most* of these dipshits are the owners of the busted Civic/CRX in the parking lot with mismatched rims, cracked altezza taillights and chrome wipers, I assure you thereis a "Tornado" in their intake as well.
                        Ask to see the actual book of listings and "assist" the aforementioned dipshit in finding the right parts for YOUR car. Or seek out your local inependent import distributor, you'll prolly pay more but getting the right part the first time is usually worth it, right?
                        -Also- Industry standard for axles was hovering around 45% for defective out-of-the-box last time I checked. A chain store will seek the cheapest jobber priced remanufacturer to pass the so-called savings onto you, ergo your $65 axle will likely have the poorest quality control and parts in it. Stick to name brand stuff like Beck-Arnley, or other well known brands for other items (Bosch, AC Delco, Moog, Etc...).

Excuse my small rant, just my .03

Comment

You think parts stores are bad? The dealership here in western Nebraska sucks pretty hardcore. They sent me the wrong slide-pins for my front brake calipers once. They allways make me give up my VIN when i order stuff, and they STILL ship me the wrong shit. I called them a couple days ago about some gaskets. After giving my VIN and phone number phone number to the assjack he told me he'd call be back when he got the chance. I couldn't believe it. I called the dealer in North Platte and had my answer from a young girl on the other end in like 40 seconds. And as if to ice the cake the worthless pile never bothered to call me back. Remind me to paint some rubber stripes in the GM section of their show lot...
                          My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
                          My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
                          207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

I have used decent N/A axles i can sell you. I only have one of the 2 so hopefully i have the correct one you need if your interested. One is longer than the other. thanks

Comment

being a shop owner, i almost refuse to deal with advanced auto. the discription of retards inside/pos honda outside is 100% accurate. I deal with napa. the deliver quick, the same people have been working there the whole year i have been in business and they all have their ase parts cert. they know who i am when i call, they call me back, they will find the part and if need be, order it from advanced as a last resort. (cobra afm`s come to mind) hell one guy i called on his cell, he was away from the store, knew he didn`t have the bolts i needed at his store, stopped and got them from another store and brought them to me. now i know i have a business relationship with them but they treated me right even before i opened the shop.

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
                              good thing....

Comment

Working...
                              X