Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on a two piece unit like the fidanza I'm sure you don't need to

Comment

Ken in AZ wrote: bad thing is that you are not machining the mounting surface for the pressure plate, I don't know if that's bad, but I didn't seem to notice, even when I would run 24psi in 5th gear going 150+mph 8)
      Actually, that is "bad".... the step height would be slightly different than the stock which is zero (aka flat)

...but I believe it would actually increase clamp load from the diaphragm until the surface was worn down enough to eventually decrease the torque capacity.

So it should work, but for how long? The fidanza friction surface is a lot tougher than a stock flywheel, so probably a long time.

Comment

If I remember correctly, the fidanza had a step up for the friction insert, so when I had it machined, it actuallu brought it closer to "flat"

someone please check this for me because i could be mistaken

but it shouldn't matter, since I never noticed a difference
        used to have one of the first high horsepower NA to turbo cam'd 7000rpm pavement pounding z31's....now in process of building an LQ9 LS1 6.0L Z31 with all the goodies

Comment

yea the friction plate is taller by a like half a millimeter or something ...

Comment

The brand new fidanza I put in this spring didn't have any step... the friction surface was flat with the pressur eplate mounting surface.

Comment

if you use a 240mm then you'll match the wear pattern and have full grip... in theory anyway

Comment

That has alot more than 1,000 miles on it.

Comment

yea it most likely does ,the friction plate look really tough to wear down so it most likely does . im not worried about it

hey mike i thought you were pals with him and now you say he took shit from you?? what did he take

Comment

I thought we were pals to. He has my driveline parts that I let him borrow in good-faith since we were friends for about 5+ years.

Comment

ahhh you didnt let him borrow a fidanza flywheel did you???

Comment

No.

Comment

ok great i didnt buy stolen shit, ahh well maybe he bucked somebody else for the flywheel i bought from him , who knows.... he seemed like a decent guy he always answered my emails and stuff ,he put it in an oversized package so it wouldnt be more damaged than it already was ....

Comment

2+2turbo wrote: yea the friction plate is taller by a like half a millimeter or something ...
                            Just showing you a picture. There is NO step height on a Z31 flywheel, fidanza included.

Comment

hmm yea i see ,case closed ..

i see your finally installing the new clutch???

Comment

2+2turbo wrote: hmm yea i see ,case closed ..

i see your finally installing the new clutch???
                                Yup, and some other things in the next few weeks ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X