No announcement yet.

Auto > Manual Swap, Shifter conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto > Manual Swap, Shifter conversion?

What did you guys do with the huge hole in the floor where that plate was for the automatic shifter? Did you cut apart the old plate? Is there one that will bolt up for the manual tranny?

all you need is the rubber seals and the manual shifter plate and boot. it will snap right in your original console. :wink:
    Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
    Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Comment

Yup, sounds like you need to obtain those parts. I'm pretty sure they install without any modification, from memory.

Comment

you can get the boots/seals from http://www.blackdragonauto.com/index.htm
        Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
        Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Comment

Just did it a couple days ago. Waiting for the shift boot to get back from the upholstry guy so i can put my center consol on. If you go look, the auto shifter is held in by four bolt/screws. Take them out and you have a ~4 by ~7 inch hole in the tunnel. The manuel cars have a cover plate and 2 rubber boots, one on the transmission to seal it to the shifter, and one that seals the shifter to the car so air doesn't flow into the car. Then on top of course is the vinyl/leather boot.
          My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
          My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
          207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Working...
          X