clutch break-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch break-in

Is there a proper way to break in a new sbc/dxd stage 1 clutch?

Mine came with no information.
    My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
    My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
    207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

I don't know about that specific clutch, but with my ACT it was 500 miles of nice and easy city driving.
    Attached Files

Comment

Elliott wrote: I don't know about that specific clutch, but with my ACT it was 500 miles of nice and easy city driving.
      That is what i have heard for other brands as well

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

500 miles no boost, little slipping is what I did for my ACT.

I think it came in the literature too..
        It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

oh good. I'll be very nice to it then. I was a bit worried when it slipped passing a truck on the way home. I haven't been hard on it, but knowing this i'll certainly be easy on it. School starts tomorrow so I won't be doing anything but to/from school anyhow for the next month or two. No real chance to be hard on it even if i tried.
          My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
          My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
          207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Az4u2c wrote: oh good. I'll be very nice to it then. I was a bit worried when it slipped passing a truck on the way home. I haven't been hard on it, but knowing this i'll certainly be easy on it. School starts tomorrow so I won't be doing anything but to/from school anyhow for the next month or two. No real chance to be hard on it even if i tried.
            I didnt break in my clutch correctly 2 years ago and ive been having to live with a slipping clutch for 2 years now, be VERY careful...

Also... Before it started slipping... when I first got it installed, it never ever slipped not even one bit, but 2 months later it was fried.
            1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 ... Parted out :-(
            ... New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
            1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

Comment

Funny, I dont think I ever bothered fucking with breaking a clutch in. I usually run a full ductile iron disk but... meh whatever, Never had any problem with my Clutch specialties clutches slipping.

I know you are supposed to but, I didnt and it works great.

Dont follow my example though :shock: . Do what the manufacturer suggests. :wink:
              85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
              04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Working...
              X