X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended until 2/9! - DXD Clutch Group Buy

DXD Clutch Z31Performance Group Buy
    Running 1-17 through 1-31-06
    Upon the 31st of January the payments will need to be made through Z31Parts.com, orders will be placed and clutches will be built and shipped the following week!

Extended: You can still get in on this group buy until 2/9/07!

Payments via Paypal, please send to:
    mailto:Z31parts@gmail.com

Or, contact me via E-mail if you are sending a MO.

Save 10% off the list price on your SBC clutch. This discount applies on all offered models from the stage 1 through the stage 5 for the Z31.

The prices will be as follows
    Stage 1 - $225 list - $22.50+$20SH = $222.5 SHIPPED
    Stage 2 - $300 list - $30 + $20SH = $295 SHIPPED
    Stage 3 - $350 list - $35 + $20SH = $335 SHIPPED

Stage 4 - $400 list - $40 + $20SH = $380 SHIPPED

Stage 5 - $450 list - $45 + $20SH = $425 SHIPPED

Just to clarify...stage 4 and stage 3 both use a half feramic half medium metal disc correct? So the only disc that is fermamic on both sides is the stage 5 right?

Comment

I'm interested in picking up a stage 4 to replace my 6-puck which is getting annoying. I'll have to see where I stand after the Cusco GB and with tax returns before I can commit to buying a clutch.

Comment

The feramic is a full ductile iron disk right? Its like a six puck but more surface area than a standard six puck. Basicaly a full ring that has slits in it to seperate it into a6 sections?

I know on the site its says holding power in a percentage of stock but has anyone overpowered a 240mm ductile iron clutch of theirs(stage 5), wether it be for a z or any car with the same size disk?

Just curious about maximum holding limits that have been experiance with SBC.
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Hey there, i'm new to the forum but not to Z31's, im a good friend of Robp3zxt. Im looking into the Stage 2 clutch and pressure plate, i have a few questions though

I have an RB25DET and i know the Z32 N/A clutches fit on my flywheel surface which is 240mm's. Will a Z31 turbo clutch kit work, because from what i remember, the spline count on the input shaft should be the same as mine and the surface of the disk is 240mm's as well. Correct me if im wrong.
          1991 240sx RB25DET 5 spd
          1982 280ZX 5 spd ( soon to be N/A to Boost )
          1981 280ZX Auto parts car

Comment

Speed_Fanatic wrote: Hey there, i'm new to the forum but not to Z31's, im a good friend of Robp3zxt. Im looking into the Stage 2 clutch and pressure plate, i have a few questions though

I have an RB25DET and i know the Z32 N/A clutches fit on my flywheel surface which is 240mm's. Will a Z31 turbo clutch kit work, because from what i remember, the spline count on the input shaft should be the same as mine and the surface of the disk is 240mm's as well. Correct me if im wrong.
            there is another thread on here somewhere that suggests it will.... the 240mm clutch is the non-turbo and T5 trannys for z31, and 240sx all years

Comment

Whats the holding capacity of the 240mm stage 5? Is that the model you have Jason? You said it engages like stock too right? whats the difference between stage 3, 4 and 5

Comment

SATAN wrote: The feramic is a full ductile iron disk right? Its like a six puck but more surface area than a standard six puck. Basicaly a full ring that has slits in it to seperate it into a6 sections?

I know on the site its says holding power in a percentage of stock but has anyone overpowered a 240mm ductile iron clutch of theirs(stage 5), wether it be for a z or any car with the same size disk?

Just curious about maximum holding limits that have been experiance with SBC.
                It's a completely different friction compound than the ACT disc, but coefficient of friction is about where the similarity ends. The disc is segmented in many sections for venting and outgassing, but it is not a puck style, it's a full facing. As for holding capacity and reputation... they make the highest rated clutch for the cummins diesels.

Stinky wrote:
                Just to clarify...stage 4 and stage 3 both use a half feramic half medium metal disc correct? So the only disc that is fermamic on both sides is the stage 5 right?
                Correct. Changing from stage 3 to 4 uses the same disc and moves to the SS series pressure plate and stronger 6 spring hub.

Comment

roastin300 wrote: Whats the holding capacity of the 240mm stage 5? Is that the model you have Jason? You said it engages like stock too right? whats the difference between stage 3, 4 and 5
                  240MM stage 5 can be tweaked to hold over 700lb/ft, but that's the limit of the plates diaphragm spring.

Stages 3 and 4 have feramic material on one side of the disc (fw) and medium metal composite on the other side (pp). This is optimum for heat, smoothness, and hence durability. The only differences between stage 3 and 4 is clamp load and the disc hub. Really, I would choose 4 because the SS pressure plate is actually still able to give a very soft pedal and is still very manageable (almost as soft as stock). The full feramic disc offers the raised friction of the feramic material on both sides, and will last just about forever; longer than the pressure plate surface and spring hub.

Comment

dangit why do all the good deals crop up only after i've already paid full price? oh well.

In case anyone cares, the pedal feel on the stage 1 clutch is very light. My mother's 4cyl accord has a stiffer clutch pedal than my Z (I killed her car twice after being accustomed to my torquier Z). Pedal weight should be the same for stage 1-3 if i'm not mistaken.
                    My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
                    My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
                    207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

I'll have feedback on the stage 4 this week with hope.

Do these come with a throwout bearing as well?
                      2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

Signal 12 wrote: I'll have feedback on the stage 4 this week with hope.

Do these come with a throwout bearing as well?
                        Yes, the kits include alignment tool, high quality throwout bearing (unlike ACT) and new pilot bushing.

Comment

Payment instrections added. Thanks to the members who participated in making this groupbuy a success. I'm sure you will be very pleased with the clutches.

Send Paypal to:

mailto:Z31parts@gmail.com

Or contact me via E-mail if you are sending a MO.

Comment

Nice price. I just ordered.

Comment

Dam it sucks to be poor, all the good deals just float on by.

Comment

Working...
                              X