Clutch Pedal is weird after DXD kit Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Pedal is weird after DXD kit Install

Ever Since Ive had the car, I did the 280ZX Brake hose clutch damper removal mod and put a brake line in place.
    The clutch was completely bled. But the pedal always felt SUPER soft (Using Exedy Clutch at that moment).
    Even though it was soft the Pedal itself was always consistent, as in when pushing it in from the fully engaged position it always had the same tension pressure until it was completely depressed, so I bought a whole lot of helper springs and stuck them to the pedal (3 of them) to make the pedal stiffer.

Now we just got the DXD Stage one in, and the pedal is not consistent anymore, and is even whole CRAP load softer! If its fully engaged, and you start pushing in the pedal, its SO soft that it feels like just plain out freeplay, but as soon as it goes down about 75%, it gets ALOT stiffer, and continues being stiff until completely depressed.

What gives?
    I unfortunately have to shell out money I didnt have to buy a slave and master cylinder and am going to see if that fixes the problem....

What is causing this problem? :?
    1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 ... Parted out :-(
    ... New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
    1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

worn master. They don't last forever. It pumps up ok, then gets soft again. Those springs need to go, imo.
    Attached Files
    Chuck Stong
    300+ Parts and Performance owner
    http://www.300-plus.com
    2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

After Installing a new master, a new slave, PULLING the tranny and checking the pressure plate and all, nothing was wrong...

Came out to be the master needed more bench bleeding...
      Problem solved, I have an awesome engaging and dis-engaging clutch with AWESOME pedal feel.
      1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 ... Parted out :-(
      ... New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
      1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

Comment

Working...
      X